Magento 2 Payment Fee Extension
Magento 2 Payment Fee extension allows store owners to charge their customers for selecting specific payment methods like Cash on Delivery, Check / Money order, PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Billing Agreement, Amazon etc. It calculates applicable fee to complete transactions.
- Charge payment fee on selected payment methods.
- 4 types for calculating payment fee.
- Specify customer groups to apply payment fee on their orders.
- Apply payment charges to orders generated from admin dashboard.
- Set custom label for payment fee on frontend.
- Display payment fee information all Magento-generated reports.
- Calculate tax on payment fee by setting up tax class.
- Refund payment fee on order cancellation.
- REST API Available / GraphQL API Available.
- Hyvä Addon Available.
Having secure and multiple payment methods is one the secrets of successful eCommerce stores. Having limited payment methods can increase cart abandonment ratio. For smooth checkout and payment process, it's important to integrate multiple payment methods ensuring trustworthy secure transactions. By offering multiple payment methods, the store owner has to pay maintenance fee to payment service providers. To maintain customer loyalty, store admin can include the payment provider fee in order subtotal and let the customer choosse the payment method. Thus, the admin can preserve price transparency leaving a positive impression on the customer with increased customer loyalty.
MageComp's Magento 2 Payment Fee extension allows store owners to charge payment fee by adding it to orders subtotal when customers select certain payment methods to complete an order. Store owners can encourage customers to choose the most appropriate payment method by omitting the payment fee. The admin is free to charge payment fees as fixed amount, percentage-based, combined (fixed + percentage) or fixed minimum amount & can set custom label to understand charges better. Admins can also configure payment fee tax if needed. The store admin can charge the payment fees according to the customer groups & add as many payment gateways as they want.
Benefits of Magento 2 Payment Fee Extension
Charge Payment Fee Based on Selected Payment Methods
Manage payment fee according to the payment methods. Customer can select the most suitable payment method to them. Payment charge can be applied in 4 ways.
- Percentage based
- Fixed minimum
Equally Works for Order Generated from Backend
This extension automatically sets the payment fee for orders created from the Magento backend.
Mention of Payment Fee in Bill Summary
Magento 2 Payment Fee extension allows automated calculation of the payment fee in order summary along with description.
Tax Class to Calculate Tax on Payment Fee
Select applicable tax class & configure how you want to calculate payment fee on tax by excluding / including tax.
Various tax classes are...
- Taxable Goods
- Refund Adjustments
- Gift Options
- Reward Points & more
Refund Payment Fee on Order Cancellation
In case the customer cancels the order, Magento 2 Payment Fee extension provides with the option to refund the payment fee.
Why Choose MageComp’s Magento 2 Payment Fee Extension?
- Admin can enable payment fees on specific payment methods.
- 4 ways to apply payment fee.
- Fixed amount
- Fixed Minimum
- Display custom payment fee title for easy understanding.
- Apply payment fee on backend-generated orders.
- Show payment fee on Checkout page, Order page, email, PDF etc.
- Calculate tax on payment fee.
- Display tax including, excluding or both.
Some Use Cased of Magento 2 Payment Fee Extension
Use Case #1
Providing the customers with an easy checkout process, it is important to give them simple and multiple payment methods and to have multiple payment methods store owner has to pay the payment providers maintenance fees. To cover these charges, the admin may require to increase the product prices, but high product prices can lose customers’ interest in your business.
Magento 2 Payment Fee Extension lets the store admin include the payment fee in the subtotal of the customer’s order. By integrating this payment fee plugin, admins can be transparent about the product prices, increase the brand impression, and not lose customer loyalty.
Use Case #2
Admins with every type of customer trading with their store must categorize their customers into 4 categories, guest users, wholesalers, retailers and the admins themselves. That admin has to allot different product pricing for each customer group. How can the store admin manage the payment fee charges for each customer group?
If the store is integrated with the Magento 2 Payment Fee Plugin, then the admin can easily choose the customer category to be charged with the payment fee. It is up to the admin to charge all customer categories, or any one of them, or any two of them, or even one of them.
Version 1.0.9 Date : 19-12-2023
- Improved REST API & GraphQL API
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.0.8 Date : 28-07-2023
- Compatible with Magento 2.4.6 version
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.0.7 Date : 18-04-2022
- Added REST API & GraphQL API
- Compatible with Magento standard
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.0.6 Date : 11-10-2019
- Compatible with Magento 2.3.3 Latest Magento version
Version 1.0.5 Date : 17-01-2019
- Backend Order view and Order invoice issue fixed
Version 1.0.4 Date : 26-10-2018
- Option to refund payment fee on order cancellation
- Added option to calculate tax on payment fee
- Compatible with PayPal and amazon payments
Version 1.0.3 Date : 08-09-2018
- Minor Bug Fixing
Version 1.0.2 Date : 08-08-2018
- Now also works with Backend order creation
Version 1.0.1 Date : 20-04-2018
- Minor Bug Fixing