The release date for Magento Open Source 2.4.5 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 is 9th August, 2022.
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 version is out in full swing with 290 quality fixes and enhancements. The latest Magento 2.4.5 commences with improvements to platform quality, GraphQL caching performance, payment methods, and accessibility.
So all the Magento merchants out there, don’t wait for tomorrow when you can upgrade your store today with the latest features and advancements in Magento 2.4.5 version.
Let’s unwrap what’s new in Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- 1 Magento Open Source 2.4.5 Release Highlights
- 2 Security Improvements
- 3 Platform Enhancements
- 4 Accessibility Updates
- 5 Google Analytics
- 6 GraphQL
- 7 Page Builder
- 8 Payments
- 9 PWA Studio
- 10 Additional Issues Fixed in Magento Open Source 2.4.5
- 11 Official Release Documents
- 12 Wrapping Up:
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 Release Highlights
📢 #Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is released 🚀
🔶 20 security fixes
🔶 Composer 2.2 supported
🔶 Page Builder v.1.7.2 supported
🔶 Google Tag Manager support
🔶 Apple Pay included
Read more- https://t.co/r66McpmFmy @AdobeCommerce #adobecommerce #adobe pic.twitter.com/8Zj9oX49b0
— MageComp (@theMageComp) August 10, 2022
The Magento 2.4.5 release brings in 20 security fixes and improvements in platform security.
Other Security Enhancements
- The Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms now support reCAPTCHA.
- Added ACL resources to Inventory in Magento 2.4.5 release.
- Security enhancement for Inventory template in Magento 2.4.5.
- Upgraded MaliciousCode filter in order to use the HtmlPurifier library.
- The latest Magento 2.4.5 supports Composer 2.2.
- Added support for TinyMCE 5.10.2 in the latest Magento release.
- Support for jQueryUI 1.13.1 version in Magento 2.4.5.
Additional Platform Upgrades
- DHL Integration schema has been updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- Composer dependencies have been updated to the latest versions.
- The laminas/laminas-session, laminas/laminas-text, and laminas/laminas-view dependencies have been withdrawn.
- The jquery/jquery-cookie library is now replaced with js-cookie/js-cookie in Magento 2.4.5.
Venia storefront experience has become more powerful, understandable, and functional with the latest Magento 2.4.5 release.
- Search results summary information is acquainted with screen reader users.
- Screen readers get informed for a new page view loads.
- Improvements in contrast and keyboard accessibility.
Magento 2.4.5 release has something for SEO Experts as well. New updates in Magento 2.4.5 are also beneficial for the website’s Search Engine Optimization.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 has inbuilt modules for Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager that will simplify integration with Google Products and Services. This will increase the opportunities for tracking and integration with Google Services.
You can also use Google Analytics 4 Magento 2 Extensions for better analysis of your store performance.
- Faster rebuilding of GraphQL schema for developers and administrators.
- Faster page load speeds with GraphQL schema rebuilding.
- Added capability in the GraphQL API to consume the expiration date/time of the authorization token through the use of JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Launch session cookies in GraphQL operations using class proxies only when needed.
- Removal of session usage from HTTP header processors in GraphQL such as the store, customer, or currency.
The latest Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is compatible with Page Builder v.1.7.2.
Page Builder Column Enhancements
- Users can perform column settings from the storefront itself.
- Column resizing now supports wrapping triggered by user actions.
Apple Pay is added as a Payment method in Magento Open Source 2.4.5. With Apple Pay, the user is not required to enter the debit and credit card details. Apple Pay payment method will be available to users on the product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout workflow.
- Enable merchants of Spain and Italy to offer the PayPal Pay Later option to customers.
- Admin can now preview PayPal, Credit, and Pay Later buttons from the admin panel. Admin can check how these buttons will look on the checkout, mini cart, cart, and product pages.
- As Braintree has terminated the KOUNT fraud protection integration, it has also been removed from the Magento Open Source codebase.
- Added Always request 3DS option to the admin.
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is compatible with PWA Studio v.12.5.x.
- PWA Studio storefront collects customer behavior data to extend web analytics.
- Merchants are able to deploy any service from the admin.
Additional Issues Fixed in Magento Open Source 2.4.5
- Hundreds of issues are fixed in the codebase of Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- Installation, upgrade, and deployment issues have been settled in the latest Magento 2.4.5.
- The successful sign-out process of Adobe Stock is enabled with Magento 2.4.5.
Official Release Documents
Hence, Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is here with a complete pack of new features and enhancements.
It is recommended to upgrade your Magento store at the earliest to enhance security, performance, and features. Missing out on the Magento Open Source 2.4.5 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 upgrades will keep your store behind your competitors.
If you are in search of Magento customization, you can Hire Certified Magento Developer.
Tune on with us for the latest Magento news.
Share the Magento Open Source 2.4.5 release notes with other Magento developers and merchants.