It’s time to revamp your Magento 2 store! Yes, you got it right.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 and Magento Open Source 2.4.5 was released on 9th August, 2022.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 launches with amendments in platform quality, performance, GraphQL caching, payment methods, and accessibility updates. Betterment in the integrated Google modules and Upgrade Compatibility tool with the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 release. The new Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 also announces Live Search functionality for B2B customers. 400 quality fixes and enhancements have been done in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Looking at these spotlights of Adobe Commerce 2.4.5, it becomes exceptionally essential for Magento 2 merchants to upgrade stores with the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
@AdobeCommerce 2.4.5 is available now🚀
🔹400+ quality fixes
🔹20 security updates
🔹PWA Studio v.12.5.x
🔹Upgrade Compatibility Tool
— MageComp (@theMageComp) August 12, 2022
- 1 Highlighted Features of Adobe Commerce 2.4.5
- 1.1 Security Upgrades
- 1.2 Platform Upgrades
- 1.3 Performance and Scalability Upgrades
- 1.4 Adobe Sign
- 1.5 Integration with Adobe IMS
- 1.6 Modifications in Branding and Style
- 1.7 B2B
- 1.8 Google Analytics
- 1.9 GraphQL
- 1.10 Inventory
- 1.11 Live Search
- 1.12 Payment Upgrades
- 1.13 PWA Studio
- 1.14 Upgrade Compatibility Tool
- 2 Additional Issue Fixes in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5
- 3 Official Release Documents
- 4 Wrapping Up
Highlighted Features of Adobe Commerce 2.4.5
20 security settlements and platform security improvements have been done in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
- Added support for reCAPTCHA to the Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms.
- Added support for ACL resources to Inventory.
- Improvements in Inventory template security.
- The MaliciousCode filter can now use the HtmlPurifier library.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 is compatible with Elasticsearch 7.17 for Adobe Commerce on-premises.
- Deprecated support for ElasticSearch 7.11 or later on Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 cloud-hosted.
- The default search engine for Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 cloud is OpenSearch.
- Composer 2.2 is supported in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 and Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- TinyMCE (5.10.2) is supported in the latest Magento 2.4.5 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
- jQueryUI (1.13.1) is supported in the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 version and Magento 2.4.5.
- DHL Integration schema has been updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- Removal of outdated dependencies.
- Composer dependencies have also been updated to the latest versions.
Performance and Scalability Upgrades
- The number of primary indexes has been reduced from 3 to 1 for the catalog_product_index_price_tmp table. This will improve the performance of the Primary index.
- Indexing time has also been significantly reduced.
- Customers can electronically sign customized agreements, such as warranty documents, purchase agreements, and terms and conditions at the time of checkout in Adobe Commerce.
Integration with Adobe IMS
- Merchants can simplify the login process for Adobe Commerce and Adobe Business products by integrating Commerce authentication with the Adobe IMS authentication workflow.
Modifications in Branding and Style
- Admin can now coordinate with Adobe’s brand strategy. This will impact headers, footers, data grid color updates, and navigation elements.
- Implemented Shared Catalog feature to improve performance as database data has been reduced.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 has a set of built-in modules for Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Optimizer, and TagManager that leverage the former API for integration with Google services.
- Improve shopping experience with faster page load speed when the GraphQL schema must be rebuilt for any reason.
- GraphQL API has the capability to consume the expiration date/time of the authorization token through the use of JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Security enhancement for inventory template.
- Live Search has been introduced for B2B customer groups and custom pricing.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 introduces Apple Pay on the product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout workflow.
- PayPal Pay Later option in Spain and Italy.
- Braintree KOUNT fraud protection has been removed from the Adobe Commerce codebase.
- The latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 is compatible with PWA Studio v.12.5.x.
- PWA Studio collects data on shoppers’ behavior for web analytics.
- Incompatibility changes are recognized by Method signature validation.
- Schema changes and incompatibilities are recognized by Database schema validation.
- Code deprecations are recognized by UCT.
Additional Issue Fixes in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5
- Hundreds of core code issues have been fixed in the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
- When the admin URL is customized, Adobe Commerce does not throw an exception.
- Easily upgrade from an Adobe Commerce 2.4.2 deployment with Klarna to Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Official Release Documents
What are you waiting for? Grab all the features of Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 and refurbish your Magento 2 store with security updates and performance enhancement.
If you are using the free version of Magento, you can check out Magento Open Source 2.4.5: Release Notes.