Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 is released on March 14, 2023.
Every version upgrade in Magento brings in new functionalities, feature enhancements, security enhancements, and much more.
The official Release Notes for Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 are out. Let’s see what Magento 2.4.6 brings in.
What’s New in Magento 2.4.6?
Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 introduced support for PHP 8.2. However, PHP 8.1 will remain supported, while PHP 7.4 support has been removed. Core Composer dependencies and third-party libraries have been upgraded to be compatible with PHP 8.2.
The latest Magento 2.4.6 provides 300 quality fixes and enhancements. The new Magento 2.4.6 release includes major performance and scalability improvements. The latest Magento version 2.4.6, also includes improvements in GraphQL operations for bulk cart operations and category tree rendering response.
The Release Notes of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 state the following highlights.
- The latest Magento version, 2.4.6, includes 8 security fixes and platform security enhancements.
- When unexpected errors occur during payment processing at checkout, reCAPTCHA validation no longer fails.
- Loopholes in admin action logs have been tackled with precise auditing of actions within grid views, mass actions, and exports.
- Added system configuration functionality for email confirmation when an admin user changes their email.
- Added support for PHP 8.2. PHP 8.1 also remains fully supported.
- Deprecated support for PHP 7.4. Hence, Magento Open Source 2.4.6 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 will not run on PHP 7.4.
- Include support for Composer 2.2.x while support for Composer 1.x has been removed.
- Involves support for Redis 7.0.x. Redis 6.2 compatibility also remains.
- Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 support OpenSearch v2.x on both Cloud and on-premises. Although compatibility with OpenSearch 1.x also remains.
- OpenSearch is now the default search engine for Magento Open Source and Adobe Commerce.
- Supports ElasticSearch 8.x.
- Incorporated support for MariaDB 10.6. Maria DB 10.4 is still supported.
- DHL schema migrated from v6.2 to v10.0.
- Removed outdated dependencies.
- Updated Laminas dependencies that support PHP 8.2.
Performance and Scalability Improvements
- Configuration setting to improve performance for operations that affect customer segments.
- Improve the performance of the product grid by limiting the number of products displayed in the product grid.
- Merchants can now import up to 100,000 records per minute.
- Improvement in order processing performance with the help of load balancing.
Adobe I/O Events
- Adobe I/O Events helps to transfer data from Adobe Commerce to other Adobe systems by capturing Commerce events.
- Adobe Developer App Builder helps developers build cloud-native apps.
- The storefront experience on Venia (PWA) is now more perceivable, functional, understandable, and powerful.
- Purchase Order GraphQL schema includes functionality such as creating, editing, and deleting purchase orders.
- Purchase Order Rule GraphQL schema allows the creation, editing, and deleting of approval rules and manually validating purchase orders.
- The Pay Later button and banners have been enabled for Italy and Spain.
- Enabled PayLater messaging with PayPal Vault.
- Added Fraud Protection, ACH, and Added LPM (Local Payment Methods) webhooks.
- Response time has been improved when querying categories for which permissions are enabled.
- Improved performance of category tree rendering.
- Reduced response time for bulk cart operations.
- Order sorting is supported for customer query.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 supports Page Builder v.1.7.3.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 support PWA Studio v.13.0.x.
Additional Issue Fixes in Magento 2.4.6:
Hundreds of issues are fixed in the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
- The bin/magento setup:di:compile -vvv (or with the -v or -vv options) command returns an informative message on failure.
- Overwriting of .gitignore files is eliminated when executing the composer install command.
- Exceptions and exception stack trace entries are now included in var/log/exception.log.
- The buttons in the checkout now work as expected with keyboard input.
Official Release Notes:
The above feature list shows that Magento 2.4.6 holds wonderful benefits for Magento store merchants. Upgrade your store now to leverage the features of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
Stay tuned with us for the latest Magento News.