Hello Magento Folks?,
Welcome to MageComp Blog Series, so today, I am here to demonstrate to you all about The Complete Guide- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process Timeline, and We will explain the whole Magento 2 Migration service process in this article. Without further ado, let’s Jump In?.
Similar Topics You may like:
- How To Migrate From Magento 1 To Magento 2
- Why You Should Migrate to Magento 2
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration -What you need to know
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration and Magento 1 End of Life (All You Need to Know)
- 1 Introduction:
- 2 Reviewing the Extensions on the Current Site:
- 3 Preparing the store for Migration:
- 4 Making Your Magento 2 Store Live:
- 5 Timeline for Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration:
- 6 Over to You!
The globe is currently being dominated by technology. Every industry and every business runs through the power of scientific advancements. In this scenario, E-commerce store owners should make it a point that their technology does not remain downgraded.
Magento is doubted to be the most efficient initiative for your online stores. With Magento 2.0 being launched all the previous bugs have been fixed and upgrades have been made. You can have a better experience by making use of the added features and extensions.
In this blog we shall go through the Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process Timeline so that while upgrading you have a complete checklist on hand. We hope this shall make your transition easy and smooth!
Let us first consider Magento 2 Migration Plan would be:
Reviewing the Extensions on the Current Site:
The foremost step in the timeline would be to assess your current extensions. Do you need all of them or do you need any more additions that should be analyzed? Also, it must be made sure that the upgraded version of your current extension is available on the Magento 2 store or not. At this point one must also decide the amount of information that needs to be transferred from one database to another.
Preparing the store for Migration:
Prepare a Magento 2 hardware system whose design and topology somewhat matches with your Magento 1 system. Install the Magento 2.0 along with the Data Migration Tool in order to make the necessary customizations and adjustments. Read the guide ‘Data Migration Tool Technical Specification’ to better understand how the system intricately works from within.
It is important to test your new store before actually bringing it live to the audiences. For this you need to copy your Magento 1 to the staging server and completely migrate the version 1.0 store to Magento 2.0. After doing the stated you may have an entire assessment of your new store.
Begin with Your Magento Migration:
Follow the below-mentioned checklist while migrating to Magento 2.0:
- Data Migration Tool must have a network access
- All the activities except for Order Management must be stopped in the Admin Panel of Magento 1.0
- It is advisable to pause the Magento 1.0 cron jobs as well
- Migrate your settings, database, and website with the help of Data Migration Tool
- Copy your media files to the new store
- Reindexation on Magento 2.0
Modifying the Migrated data and Updating the Incremental data
You may want to have some changes in the design, CMS pages, catalog, sales rules, etc, in your new store. This is when you can make all the necessary changes to your store but make sure you do not lead to an error while performing the activity.
Increment data update usually refers to the new orders, updated customer profiles, etc. that are on your Magento 1.0 store. These information updates also need to be migrated to your new store. You can transfer these updates using the Delta mode. In order to stop or pause the continuous data transfer, you may press Ctrl + C.
Making Your Magento 2 Store Live:
Once all the formalities are done and your site starts working properly, undertake the following guidelines while you go live on your new store:
- Magento 1.0 system must be put to maintenance mode
- Stop the incremental updates
- Start the cron jobs
- Reindex the Stock indexer
- Cache pages in advance for the customers who make use of your storefront
- Final verification of your new site
- As the downtime ends, begin with your new production hardware
Your Magento 2.0 store is all ready for use to your customers!
Timeline for Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration:
- Data Import- 2 weeks
- 3rd Party extension Migration- a week or more
- Building Themes- a few weeks or months
- Customization of Code- a few days depending upon the complexity
- 3rd party Integration- a few weeks or months
- Installation- 24 to 48 hours
- Testing- more than a week
Over to You!
Migrating to Magento 1 to Magento 2 may seem to be time-consuming and is absolutely worthwhile. With all-new added features and functionalities you can enhance your E-commerce store and even improve the customer experience.
Follow the above-stated guideline and timeline and you shall feel extremely convenient with The Magento 2 Migration process. Also, if you are using the default Magento 1.0 store all you need to do is install the updated version and you can go live within 3 or 4 weeks.
For any queries regarding the Magento 2 Migration process, feel free to contact us! Stay relaxed and let our Certified Developers migrate your store from Magento 1 to Magento 2. If you have anything to add-on or any question, then feel free to contact our Support Team. I hope that this article has helped you to grow your knowledge. If so, then don’t forget to share it with your Magento friends. Also we are always receiving your reviews and recommendations regarding this in the comment section below.