Hello Magento Folks?,
We are going to discuss the benefits of migrating your Magento 1 store to Magento 2. In this competitive world everyone is trying hard to achieve the first position in the search by applying the effective SEO in their Magento 2 store. Do visit the previously published article where there are detailed tips on The Ultimate SEO Guide For Magento 2 (That Actually Work) Let’s Get In?.
After the impeccable success of Magento 1.0, the business world was almost adapted to using it for almost every activity in its stride. However, the developers found an urgent need to improve the functionality of this diverse platform and offer a better customer experience.This was mainly because the world is moving at a fast pace and to keep up with the global competition it becomes important to keep your methods upgraded.
Thus, the Magento developers with all their experience and knowledge on hand introduced Magento 2.0 to the world. This updated version is a stream of added features and improved performance. Although the newer version has brought with itself a lot many beneficiaries, it is a bit complex for the businessmen to adhere to the changes so fast. And to make things easier, this blog shall talk about every little bit you need to know and take care of while migrating from Magento 1.0 to Magento 2.0
Primary Requisites for the Migration:
- Knowledge and Information of your Customer and Product
- Various themes and extension required
- The Customs Code of your Magento store
Planning Process for the Migration:
- Analyzing your current extensions
This is the most primary step you need to implement. The store owner needs to review his existing list of extensions and do away with the unimportant ones. Also, it must be checked whether the updated store provides for all your extension needs or not. This analysis shall help you plan out your requirements and needs for the future.
- Capacity Designing
While you are planning the migration decide if you would require a greater and high-end help of customized extensions in the future. If your list is getting long, you may have an idea of the future costs and capability to adapt them.
- Pilot Testing Magento 2.0
It is advisable to install the new version of Magento and check its functionality before moving ahead with it and integrating it into your business. The test in terms of its performance, user-friendliness, design, etc. must be verified and also compared with the older version so that no unsatisfactory feelings are felt later.
- Implement your Migration Now!
In order to get started with Magento 2.0, you need to first force stop all your activities in the previous version as well as use the Magento 1.0 replica while moving all the important files and documents to the upgraded version. Once this process is done you can get started.Media files need to be moved manually and a note must be taken of the extensions and the themes that are unavailable in the updated portal.
- Update the data and get ready to go!
Next in line would be to update and migrate data such as new orders, profile reviews, other changes, etc. from the Magento 1 to Magento 2. Once the complete transfer is made, the store is ready to go live in a while. During this time all the needed modifications and reindexing is done as well as the bugs are settled and the portal is arranged in order to kickstart the functioning with the new version.
Checklist for the Migration
- It is said that the migration to Magento 2.0 is 20% larger than that of version 1’s upgrade because there is a complete change in the design and functionality. Also, this migration is a bit complex and time-consuming which is directly related to the level of customization, number of extensions, and other proficiencies.
- Magento Migration Tool helps you transfer the databases and alignment of tables and files. These tools aid in maintaining the consistency between both the versions in the context of data and configuration settings.
- The media files need to be moved separately and the existing extensions-themes might all not be present in the updated version. Hence, the Code Migration Toolkit shall help in transferring specific themes and extensions whereas the rest you need to re-develop on the new version.
- It is possible that even after going live with the Magento 2.0, you might get some error messages and pauses in the initial stages. But there is no need to worry as you can get them fixed with your Magento developer.
What do we conclude?
In order to expand your business and enhance the customer experience, it is essential that you consider this migration. However, it is a bit lengthy and has complexities but once you get acquainted with it, you shall soar heights of success.
All you need is proper planning and thoughtful execution! And for any query or help, you can always Contact Us and succeed in the migration from Magento 1.0 to Magento 2.0. If you like this article then kindly lets know in the comment section below and don’t forget to share with your Magento buddies.
Happy Reading? and Stay Safe?