Why choose MageComp’s Magento 2 WebP Image ?
- Easy and effortless installation.
- Effective WebP Image Support
- Capable of Images Optimization.
- Intensified Wysiwyg editor
- Easily upload the WebP from the backend.
- Supports Product page image, category page and CMS page
- Advanced support of multiple browsers.
As we all know what is WebP image on the basis of basic fundamentals. So, let's compare WebP Images to all other types of image formats.
WebP Vs PNG
Basically, PNG is one of the most worthwhile image formats. But in the current situation of the market WebP is used widely. PNG image format supports transparency which is known as a vital element of web design. With the help of transparency, you can structure images which helps in eliminating the conflict with each other.
Transparency is also supported by WebP that gives an advantage to web designers as they can use the stand-out image.
Primarily WebP offers the below advantages over PNG.
- WebP image format is 26% smaller in size compared to PNG image format but transparency is obtained of the same quality.
- Because of the small file size WebP images load faster than PNG.
WebP Vs JPEG
When you utilize Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool then if the website includes the JPEG images then you will get the suggestion of use “next-gen image formats” that is defined as Google’s WebP image format. Google states that WebP format is 25 – 34% smaller than JPEG at similar quality images.
There are not many things to elaborate on this but WebP image formats provide a better all-around package compared to JPEG
Primarily WebP offers the below advantages over JPEG.
- WebP image format file is twice smaller as the JPEG image format file.
- Google states that WebP format is 25 – 34% smaller than JPEG at similar quality images.
- We can say that JPEG is the most common and used format but for website compulsorily use Webp image format.
WebP Vs JPG
The WebP image format is far better than JPG in terms of lossy compression of images. The main advantage is the WebP image format is supported by mostly all the browsers and is undoubtedly claimed that the website loading speed is faster if the WebP image format is used than the JPG. We can certainly say that you will experience a significant reduction in the overall page weight.
Primarily WebP offers the below advantages over JPG.
- JPG is a common image format utilized digitally and WebP is utilized for a website specifically.
- Quick success when you convert JPG to WebP for boosting up the speed of your website.