Magento recently released 2 new patches SUPEE 7405 and SUPEE 7616. In this article I will give you information why you should install SUPEE 7616 and help you install SUPEE 7616 on your Magento 1.x with or without SSH.
This patch is only required if you are using USPS. USPS made several changes in their Rate, Services and Package names on 17th January 2016. You can install the update by installing this patch in your Magento.
They have made following changes
- Standard Post renamed “Retail Ground”
- Flat Rate Box for Priority Mail Express Eliminated
Magento isn’t able to get the USPS changes automatically so you will either need to install this patch or you will need to upgrade your Magento version to 18.104.22.168
— MageComp (@theMageComp) February 17, 2016
- Download SUPEE 7616 from the Magento official website. Please download the Patch file corresponding to your Magento version.
- You must have SSH access of your server to install the patch using patch files, if you don’t have you can follow Install SUPEE 7616 without SSH (below method)
- Please disable compiler before installing the patch if enabled, check system > configuration > Tools > Magento Compiler and clear compiled cache.
- Upload the patch in the root directory of your Magento files and Run the patch file by running this command.
- Verify the Magento store functionality and flush the cache. You might need to flush the php opcode cache as well If you use PHP opcode caches (APC/XCache/eAccelerator).
MageReport.com should soon add these patches to check.
If you don’t have SSH access of your server, this method you can use to install the latest security patches however, it is highly recommended to upgrade your Magento version to 22.214.171.124 which includes all the security patches but in case you are not able to upgrade and you don’t have SSH follow this method.
- Make sure you have installed all the previous patches before installing this one (SUPEE-1533, SUPEE-5344, SUPEE-5994, SUPEE-6285, SUPEE-6482, SUPEE-6788)
- Disable Magento Compiler from system > configuration > Tools > Magento Compiler if enabled.
- Download the Pre Patched files from Github or from down below and simply upload in the root of Magento.
Magento version SUPEE-7616 Magento 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52 SUPEE_7616_Magento_184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11
- Clear the cache and run compiler (if it was enabled before). You might need to flush the php opcode cache as well If you use PHP opcode caches (APC/XCache/eAccelerator).
- Verify your Magento store functionality. MageReport.com should soon add these patches to check.
Do leave a comment if you are facing any issue. We would love to help you out.
If you need help installing any other security patches, checkout our Ultimate Guide for Installing Magento Security Patches.
Happy Patching :))