Yesterday Magento released a new security patch Supee 9652 to safeguard Magento store against vulnerability with the Zend framework Zend_Mail library.
I have explained installation of patches with both the ways here:
Follow this instruction to install patch on your store,
- Upload patch files in the root of magento.
- Make one file with the name of patch.php, write following code in it,
<!--?php print("<PRE>"); passthru("/bin/bash PATCH_SUPEE-9652.sh"); print("</PRE>"); echo "Done"; ?-->
- Replace the file name in it, upload it in the root and run the file from the browser.
Name should be PATCH_SUPEE-9652.sh
You should receive following screen once you run patch.php from the browser,
If you are getting error like this,
“Error! Some required system tools, that are utilized in this sh script, are not installed; Tool (s) “patch” is (are) missed, please install it(them).
That means system tools aren’t installed in your server to run the sh script, you can contact your hosting provider or follow another method.
We have updated the patch files for the older Magento versions. It is very much recommended to use this patches at your own risk, please take backup of your website prior to installation.
You can install patch with SSH as well. You will need SSH, if you don’t know how to set up SSH, contact your hosting provider.
- Upload the patch files in the root,
- In ssh console, run the command as following.
For .sh file extension
For .patch file extension:
patch —p0 < patch_file_name.patch
Download the zip file for the patch installation. You can also download these Pre Patched files from GitHub. After downloading the files, simply upload it to your Magento root folder.
Possible Issues with Solutions:
- If you get “Hunk Failed” error message, it is generally because either changes made core file or missing earlier patches. Make sure you have installed all the previous patches and haven’t made any changes in Magento core.
It is highly recommended to get your Magento version upgraded to 188.8.131.52 which includes all the security patches including SUPEE 9652. If you need any help regarding Magento version Upgrade, Checkout our Magento Upgrade Service.