Hello Magento Friends,
In this blog, we will learn how to set up Customer Account Options in Magento 2.
The customer’s journey in your Magento 2 store must be optimized from registration to after-sales service. Using customer account configuration, store admin can manage customers easily. Magento 2 provides various customer configuration options for customer management.
Let’s see the steps to Setup Customer Account Options in Magento 2.
Steps to Setup Customer Account Options in Magento 2:
Step 1: From the Admin Dashboard. Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Step 2: Now expand the CUSTOMERS tab from the left panel and select Customer Configuration.
Step 3: Now enlarge the Create New Account Options.
Step 4: Now apply the settings as required.
- Enable Automatic Assignment to Customer Group: Determines whether the customer is assigned to the default customer group.
- Default Group: Set the default group of customers. Learn more about How to Set Default Group for New Customer Account in Magento 2.
- Default Value for Disable Automatic Group Changes Based on VAT ID: Choose whether the customer group changes automatically based on VAT ID.
- Show VAT Number on Storefront: Set whether the VAT number is visible to customers in front.
- Email is required field for Admin order creation: Determine whether an email is required at the time of admin order creation for new customers.
- Default Email Domain: Set the default email domain.
- Default Welcome Email: Email template used for default welcome email.
- Default Welcome Email Without Password: Default welcome email template used for customer created without password.
- Email Sender: Select the sender email from here.
- Require Emails Confirmation: Determine whether confirmation is required to create an account.
- Confirmation Link Email: Email template used for the confirmation email.
- Welcome Email: After account confirmation, an email template used for the welcome message.
- Generate Human-Friendly Customer ID: Whether the field used to enter and store VAT ID is visible from the storefront or not.
At last, click Save Config.
Hence, this way, you can Setup Customer Account Options in Magento 2. Share the tutorial with your friends and stay in touch with us.