Hello, Magento Folks!
Providing detailed product descriptions including features, user guides, warranty, and more is essential for online shopping. The customers cannot touch, feel and see the product while shopping online. To influence customers for purchase you need to provide comprehensive information of products else they will leave.
Adding all the information on the product page is not a good choice as it will increase the page size and there will be only content all over the page that makes it uninteresting for users. Adding an attachment is the best alternative for this.
Magento 2 Product Attachment Extension allows adding attachments on the product page by uploading a file. The customers can then download the file from the store frontend.
Benefits of Product Attachments for Magento 2
- The admin is allowed to upload 10 different attachments for a particular product.
- The product attachments are displayed on the additional tab on the frontend product page.
- The product attachments are also displayed on the frontend product details part.
- The product attachments are displayed on the product page along with file size.
- The admin can manage product attachments from the store backend.
- The customers are allowed to download the product attachment from the store frontend.
- The admin can restrict the download of product attachments for specific customer groups.
- The admin can add a name and description to a product attachment for better understanding.
Steps to Integrate Product Attachments for Magento 2:
Step 1: Install the Magento 2 Product Attachments Extension
Step 2: Configuration
- Product Attachments – Enable or Disable the extension for use from here.
- Show Attachments On Product Detail Page – Select Yes to show attachments on the product page.
- Show On Product Tab – Select Yes if you want to show attachments on the product ab.
- Show Attachments Size – Select Yes if you want to show the size of the products.
Step 3: Add New Attachment
The admin can view the already available attachments from here and is even able to Add New product attachments.
Step 4: Attachment Information
- Name – Specify the name of your product attachment.
- Description – Add a description explaining your product attachment.
- File – If you are uploading your product attachment, upload the file here.
- URL – If you want to add the URL of your product attachment instead of uploading a file, add the URL here.
- Customer Group – Select the customer group to give access to your product attachment.
- Store – Select the store view for which the product attachment functionality is enabled.
- Status – Select Yes to enable product attachment in the store frontend.
Step 5: Select Products
The admin is able to select the products from here to enable the product attachment.
Backend View of Product Attachments for Magento 2:
All the product attachments created can be viewed and managed by the admin from the backend.
Frontend View of Product Attachments for Magento 2:
The Product Attachment will be displayed on the product page with product details and also on the additional Product Attachment tab in the store frontend.
Wrapping it up:
Share the article with your friends and stay tuned for more!