2016 ends and we have entered the New Year with the determination of fulfilling desires, wishes and dreams. But the pain-points, struggles, achievements and success of the 2016 can be the extra strength for all of us to think and achieve bigger this year.
2016 was the remarkable year for Magento community as there happened notable advancements to technology learnings and studies, USPS updates, whitepaper releases and many more. But the most important evolution was the launch of new Magento Marketplace. It directed merchants and Magento folks a new way of better UI and selling strategies. Here we will have glimpse of Magento year in review – 2016.
Let’s summarize and relive the vital moments and events of the 2016:
- 5-Jan – Launch of comprehensive white paper covering the core principles behind the Magento 2.0 architecture.
- 20-Jan – USPS updates released
- 20-Jan – Launch of Magento 2.0 Resources and support for PHP7
- 20-Jan – Magento 2.0.1 release
- 20-Jan – Supee patch 7405 Release
- 20-Jan – Supee patch 7616 Release
- 26-Jan – Press release and study report on “the Role of Digitization in Growth of Middle Market Companies”
- 28-Jan – Magento version 2.0.2 release
- 28-Jan – Patch MDVA 84 release
- 23-Feb – Supee patch 7405 version 1 release
- 2-Feb – Announcement of formal program called Magento Masters to recognize our top individual contributors.
- 10-Feb – Magento Forums reached 100,000 members
- 15-Feb – Submissions Open for 2016 Imagine Excellence Awards for merchants to recognize exceptional creativity, innovation and success.
- 21-Mar – Launch of Magento 2 Extension upload validation tool.
- 31-Mar – Magento version 2.0.4 release
- 31-Mar – 2016 Imagine Excellence Awards Finalists Announced
- 1-Apr – Release of “Magento 2.0 Site Performance and Scalability Optimizations” white paper.
- 19-Apr – New next generation extension marketplace was live.
- 28-Apr – Magento version 2.0.5 release
- 16-May – Creation of Magento 2 Developer Boot Camp
- 17-May – Magento version 2.0.6 release
- 24-May – Magento version 2.0.7 release
- 2-Jun – Security patch MDVA 449 release
- 22-Jun – Security patch MDVA 532 release
- 23-Jun – Magento version 2.1.0 release
- 5-Jul – Marketplace Extension Quality Program Update
- 14-Jul – Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 release
- 19-Jul – Magento version 2.0.8 release
- 26-Jul – Announcement of the new Xcelerate Technology Partner Program to empower technology partners to better serve merchants and deliver rapid growth.
- 10-Aug – Magento version 2.0.9 release
- 30-Aug – Magento version 2.1.1 release
- 11-Oct – Supee patch 8788 release
- 12-Oct – Magento version 2.0.10 release
- 12-Oct – Magento version 2.1.2 release
- 1-Dec – launch of free offer for Magento 2 training
- 5-Dec – Marketplace added extensions for the Magento 1.x platform.
- 12-Dec – Submissions Open for the 2017 Imagine Excellence Awards
- 14-Dec – Magento version 2.1.3 release
- 15-Dec – New devdocs designs launch
- 21-Dec – Magento Acquired Technology Behind Bluefoot CMS & Page Builder
Let us know if we have missed any significant event related to Magento by Commenting Below and by the way, Happy New Year!