Magento Open Source 2.4.4 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 released on 12th April, 2022.
The new Magento version 2.4.4 brings in up to 250 quality fixes and enhancements. Support for PHP 8.1 and OpenSearch 1.2 is initiated with the latest Magento 2.4.4 release. All the issues encountered with Magento Open Source 2.4.3 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 were resolved in this release.
So all the Magento Merchants, get ready to upgrade your Magento store and enhance it with the latest features and security updates.
Our Magento experts looked into the official release notes of Magento 2.4.4 from Adobe and jotted down the in-depth exploration of Magento Open Source 2.4.4
- 1 Magento Open Source 2.4.4 Release Highlights
- 2 Security Improvements
- 3 Platform Improvements
- 4 GraphQL
- 5 Vendor-Bundled Extensions
- 6 PayPal Payment Improvements
- 7 Other fixed issues with Magento Open Source 2.4.4
- 8 Check Official Documents
- 9 Over to you:
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 Release Highlights
🔔 #Magento Open Source 𝟐.𝟒.𝟒 is here🚀
✅250 quality fixes
✅PHP 8.1 supported
✅OpenSearch 1.2 supported
✅Elasticsearch 7.16 supported
✅TinyMCE 5.8.1 supported
— MageComp (@theMageComp) April 13, 2022
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 introduces one security fix and platform security improvements.
Additional security enhancements for Magento 2.4.4 include:
- Integration token for API Bearer Token Authentication will not be used any longer.
- Now the session IDs will not be stored in the database.
- Encryption of OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens when stored in the database.
- Upload of non alpha-numeric file extensions has been prohibited with improved validation.
- reCAPTCHA support is now added to coupon codes.
- When Magento Open Source is in production mode, swagger is disabled by default.
- Settings of Use Secure URLs for Storefront and Use Secure URLs for Admin are enabled by default.
- The dependency confusion plugin is necessary for all Magento Open Source installations.
- Now restrict the array size accepted by Magento Open Source.
- Also, limit the size and number of resources that a user is allowed to request through web API.
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 provides support for PHP 8.1. All the libraries and dependencies have been made compatible with PHP 8.1.
Additional platform enhancements for Magento Open Source 2.4.4 include:
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2 is provided with the latest Magento release.
- The new release introduces support for TinyMCE 5.8.1.
- PHPUnit upgraded to version 9.5.x with the latest Magento 2.4.4.
- Laminas dependencies have been upgraded to the latest versions in order to make it compatible with PHP 8.1.
The Magento Open Source 2.4.4 release includes the following GraphQL improvements:
- The collectQuoteTotals() method is called only one-time during GraphQL requests, so it will reduce response time and improve the performance of the cart process.
- Changes have been applied in the way GraphQL request is cached, hence the performance is improved in the store frontend.
- The configuration settings for the Zero Subtotal Checkout and Check/Money Order payment methods are now returned by storeConfig query.
Core GraphQL library updated
- The webnoyx library is now upgraded to version ^14.9.
GraphQL translation issues fixed
- GraphQL resolver now returns translated strings based on store scope for multi-site and multi-language stores.
- With the release of Magento Open Source 2.4.4, all the vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from the codebase.
PayPal Payment Improvements
- Support included for the Venmo payment option.
- Pay Later option added for customers on the basis of their location and not merchants’ location.
- Magento merchants can now test customers’ experience by selecting customer country. This is valid only for sandbox testing mode.
- Accurate messaging on the checkout page when Pay Later is used.
Other fixed issues with Magento Open Source 2.4.4
- Issues resolved for installation, upgrade, and deployment.
- Removed duplicate values insertion into MySQL database table.
- Accessibility errors on the cart and checkout page while navigating have been fixed.
- “Invalid security or form key. Please refresh the page” error has been resolved on the Admin login.
Check Official Documents
Over to you:
This was all about the latest Magento 2.4.4 release. Considering the enhancements, it will be a great loss for Magento Merchants to avoid upgrading your stores with Magento Open Source 2.4.4 or Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Major bug fixes, strengthen store security, and improve store performance by upgrading to Magento Open Source 2.4.4.
Planning for a professional upgrade of your store? Our Certified Magento Developers can provide bug-free solutions to convert your store to the latest version of Magento 2.4.4.
For any customization requirement of your Magento 2 store, contact us
Share the news with Magento merchants, developers, and users in your contact. Write down in the comments your opinions about the new release.
Looking forward to the release of Magento Open Source 2.4.5 on August 9, 2022.