Hello, SEO Enthusiasts!
Keeping up to date with the latest, cutting-edge tools for SEO and keyword research can be a bit of a nightmare. Fortunately, there is a diverse range of modern tools at your disposal, which will aid your organic search marketing in the most effective manner possible. As the old saying goes “old is gold” but what about “new is new”? You can also hire SEO experts to improve your SEO tactics.
This article lists 10 of the best keyword research tools available; it includes both long-standing and recently launched products, guaranteeing that you’ll have access to one that is fitting to your business or website needs. This tool gives complete SEO information regarding a particular keyword, including keyword volume, competition, CPC, and top-ranking pages. Even though some of the keyword research tools are paid, the cost of a monthly subscription is worth the time and money that it saves you.
10 Best Keyword Research Tools For SEO in 2022
The importance of SEMRush in SEO can’t be overstated. It’s more than just a keyword tool; it’s a whole keyword research toolbox with tools for content marketing, competition research, PPC, and Social Media Marketing. You may use it to quickly attract and develop your internet audience. It provides you with up to ten very specific keywords that your competitors are already utilizing. Things like search volume, competition level, suggested bid, and keyword difficulty is easily accessed on SEMRush to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Discover long-tail keyword and ad group concepts.
- Obtain annual keyword trends.
- CPC distribution data throughout the world
- Gain access to the whole keyword research toolbox
- Insights about organic traffic and keyword difficulty analysis
Price: The free version is quite helpful; the commercial version starts at $119.95/mo with a seven-day free trial.
There are a few simple features included in the Keyword Planner. It comes directly from Google, making it one of the most authentic sources of keyword data available. The data integrates well with AdSense monetization and makes it easy to deliver ads that target multiple search engines.
- Find commercial keywords using the bid range at the top of the page.
- Direct data from Google’s search engine about search volume
- The best option for company websites
- Keywords can be searched depending on the phrase that applies to a service, product, or website.
- It provides stats to help you decide whether to employ a keyword for current or new advertisements.
- Google Keyword Planner displays a list of the top monthly searches.
Price: Free for anyone with an active Google Ads account.
Soovle is a free keyword research tool that allows you to enter a search term and see how it ranks across 16 different search engines. You can customize your results to include or exclude different engines like Google, Bing, YouTube, Amazon, eBay, and more. You can also drag-and-drop queries into a “saved suggestions box” to compare them later or create a list of favorites. What makes Soovle unique from other keyword research tools is that it doesn’t use volume or competitiveness data—it shows what people are searching for when they use those terms across the various platforms.
- You can fastly change between search engines.
- You can customize your search options.
- Searching on the provided search engine can provide you with recommendations.
- Saved information can be reused in the future.
Price: It is available for free.
Ahrefs is a highly sophisticated keyword research platform equipped with advanced features for discovering, tracking, and analyzing keywords; it also measures click-through rates, returns rates, and other valuable metrics. By understanding traffic, you’ll have a better understanding of how many searches result in clicks, the distribution of clicks between sponsored and organic results, and how frequently users search the same term over time (return rate).
- Precise keyword difficulty score
- 1,000+ keyword recommendations
- Supported in more than 150 countries
- Click metrics for enhancing CTR
- Comprehensive SERP summarization
Price: Basic plan starts from $99/- per month
Keyword research is no small task. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned SEO veteran, you know how important it is to not just find the right keywords but to also find the best ones.
As well as providing a slew of other uses, KWFinder makes it easy to locate keywords with minimal effort. KWFinder’s keyword recommendations aren’t just the term you entered in with words attached or prepended to it, which is a wonderful bonus. Instead, the search tool will pull up keywords that are relevant and related to what you’re typing in—keywords that genuinely have the potential for ranking at the top of the SERPs.
- A one-of-a-kind and simple-to-use user interface
- It is possible to find keywords in any language and any location.
- Make your choice from the list of effective keywords.
- Find out how keywords compete with each other.
- Detailed reviews of the search engine results pages, as well as recommendations
- You can narrow down the list of keyword ideas by using filters.
Price: Basic plan starts from $20/- per month
This keyword research tool makes it easy to discover long-tail keywords. Keyword Tool is a search engine optimization software that helps you uncover long-tail keywords by generating suggestions based on Google autocomplete. It uses the same autocomplete technology that Google uses to deliver suggestions when you start typing in the search field.
Keyword Tool has two components: autocomplete and suggestion chains. Autocomplete helps you analyze keyword data by injecting those keywords into the search bar, which generates hundreds of keyword suggestions from Google. Suggestion chains allow you to see related keywords and keyword phrases as they are being generated and add them to your list of potential long-tail keywords.
- Keywords for multiple search engines (Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, and the App Store)
- Specific URL suggestions
- A simple way to organize and track your data
A quick overview of longer keyword combinations
Price: The free version generates up to 750 keywords whereas the pro version starts at $69/- per month
The Google Search Console is not a traditional keyword research tool. But in this case study, we are going to show you an under-used feature that will help you find the right keywords to target.
The Performance Report lists out the top pages on your site, and the keywords that brought in traffic. The results can help you determine which of your content pieces need more optimization. If a page is not getting many clicks, it may be because the title or meta description is weak. On the other hand, if you see a lot of clicks coming from one page, you may want to focus on promoting that post or page more to bring in more traffic. But the Performance Report can do more than just this! It’s also a good place to find “opportunity keywords”. These are keywords where you rank in the first or second result page in Google for a specific keyword phrase. And these are great opportunities for you to improve your ranking by making small changes to your website’s copy and layout.
- Useful for improving old SEO content and generating new content ideas.
- The most accurate and up-to-date organic reporting available.
- Also, indicate which pages need to have their keywords improved.
- To focus on a certain post, show information for a specified term.
Price: It is free to use after you complete the process of registering your website in Search Console.
Google Trends is a unique keyword research tool provided by Google. It helps you discover fresh keywords and evaluate the popularity of your keywords with a graphical representation that compares the number of searches over time.
If you want to find new keywords or search trends, this is one of the best tools available. You may also use it to locate fresh keywords and search trends by searching for a specific keyword and then looking through the “similar queries” section. If you want to see if a keyword is becoming more common, you may also check it using Google Trends.
- Determine whether a search term is stable.
- Google Trends provides information by year.
- You can switch between trending and most searched perspectives using a drop-down menu.
- Marketing and internet advertising should be improved.
- Variation in trend by location
Price: The tool is free to use.
Moz Keyword Explorer, one of the most popular and effective SEO tools on the market, is a keyword research platform that enables you to find keywords that will help you improve your rankings through SEO. Unlike some other platforms in its field, Moz Keyword Explorer has a minimalistic design that allows you to focus on what’s important: researching keywords. The platform provides three main features.
Moz Keyword Explorer lets you see information about search volume, competitiveness, and suggested bids for any keyword. You can see the SERP position history and the number of keywords each result ranks for. Rank tracking lets you track the changes in SERP position for any keyword over time. Moz Keyword Explorer provides site audits and reports for any domain or page along with suggestions on how to optimize them.
- Get keyword recommendations that are linked to your search
- Smart targeting with organic Click Through Rate and Priority score
- Provide site audit and rank tracking reports.
- A one-month trial period is available from Moz.
Price: Free for 10 searches per month; premium plans start at $99 per month.
If you are looking for a tool to help you with keyword research, GrowthBar is the tool for you. Content outline generation is one of its unique features. It allows you to generate content outlines for your blog or website in one click, concluded with keywords, word counts, titles, pictures, links, and more.
You can also use it to check out your competition’s websites and see what keywords they are using in their ad campaigns. You can also see if they are using Facebook or Google ads by searching for their domain name in the search bar at the top of this page.
- AI may be used to generate content outlines.
- Tracking keyword rank
- Accurate difficulty ranking
- Keyword ideas for the long tail
- Keyword info that is exportable
- Word count on the page
Price: It offers five days free trial and a basic plan starts from $29/- per month
Summing It Up!
These are a few of the best keyword research tools available right now in the SEO industry. First, take a look at your budget, and then analyze what your brand’s SEO strategy should be focusing on. Also, consider the way you are using keyword research. As there are many ways you can follow to perform keyword research. If money is an issue, limit your search to free keyword research tools. If you want a more complete collection of tools, you may choose some of the best-paid tools to improve your SEO.