Magento 2.4.4 is now available! Wonderful news for all the Magento merchants out there!
The release date of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 and Magento Open Source 2.4.4 is April 12, 2022.
Magento Commerce is now Adobe Commerce. With the new release Adobe Commerce 2.4.4, there comes an abundance of new features, updates, and improvements. This will level up the store performance and ameliorate the shopping experience for buyers.
Modernize your store by upgrading to the latest version Magento 2.4.4 and relish the new features and enhancements.
🚀 @AdobeCommerce 𝟐.𝟒.𝟒 is available now
🛠️250+ quality fixes
🎙️PWA Studio 12.3.0
— MageComp (@theMageComp) April 14, 2022
- 1 Version Highlights of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
- 2 Feature List of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
- 3 Major issues fixed with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 Release
- 4 Magento 2.4.4 Official Documentation
- 5 Final Words:
Version Highlights of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
- PHP 8.1
- OpenSearch 1.2
- TinyMCE 5.8.1
- PHPUnit 9.5.x
- PWA Studio 12.3.0
Let us find out more about what’s new in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
Feature List of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
The new Magento 2.4.4 release covers 250+ quality fixes and upgrades. It also comprises backward-compatible changes and bug fixes for B2B companies. All the issues addressed in previous versions of Magento Open Source and Adobe Commerce are resolved in Magento 2.4.4 release.
- Email variable usage was removed in the latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Integration tokens used for API Bearer token authentication are now disabled by default for security reasons.
- Now the database does not store session IDs.
- OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens are stored in a database with an encrypted form.
- Uploading non alpha-numeric file extensions is prevented with strong validation.
- Coupon codes now work with reCAPTCHA.
- While working in the production mode of Adobe Commerce, Swagger is disabled by default.
- Adobe Commerce store frontend works with HTTPS enabled by default.
- Built-in cookies are now also secured.
- The dependency confusion plugin is now compulsory for all the Adobe Commerce installations.
- Set the array size limit accepted by Adobe Commerce RESTful endpoints.
- Resources requested by users are limited by size and number with added mechanisms.
- Added support for PHP 8.1 for which all the libraries and dependencies are made compatible with it.
- Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2 are supported with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- JQuery library upgraded to version 3.6 and jquery-ui library upgraded to version 1.13.0.
- TinyMCE 4 was replaced with TinyMCE 5.8.1 support for the codebase.
- RequireJS library was upgraded to v2.3.6.
- PHPUnit version upgraded to 9.5.x.
- Laminas dependencies were updated to make it compatible with PHP 8.1.
- To reduce the number of dependencies, 3 Laminas dependencies were removed.
- Supports the creation of approximately 60,000 orders/hour with the asynchronous orders feature. Previously the Adobe Commerce stores were able to create 10,000 orders/hour.
- Order placement is made faster with the AsyncOrder feature.
- The inventory Check On Cart Load option allows making the checkout faster by skipping the inventory check for the carts that contain many items.
- The multiple_processes configuration option supports multiple consumers to run processes in parallel which improves task execution speed.
- The memory limit of carts that contain 750+ configurable products have been increased.
- Now B2B users can use GraphQL to complete all tasks related to negotiable quotes.
- Improvement in cart operations performance by calling the collectQuoteTotals() method only once.
- Added storefront-related admin configuration settings.
- Version upgrade for core GraphQL library.
- Multi-site and multi-language store translation issues have been resolved in GraphQL.
Vendor-Bundled Extensions (VBEs)
- All the vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 codebase. Vendors need to migrate to official extensions.
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is made compatible with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4. Hence, the support for reCAPTCHA, Page Builder content optimization, and personalized content.
PayPal Payment enhancements
- Support added for Venmo Payment option.
- The Pay Later option now works on the shopper’s location.
- While testing with sandbox, merchants can add the shopper’s country to test the shopping experience.
- Accurate messaging on the checkout page while using the Pay Later option.
- Live Search supports PHP 8.1
- Content accessibility has been enhanced by allowing merchants to add alternate text for images, banners, and sliders.
- Tooltip links with text for inputs, unique text for edit buttons, and textual alternatives for icon images enhance the accessibility of the store.
Major issues fixed with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 Release
- Hundreds of issues have been resolved on core code with the release of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Data patches do not allow inserting duplicate values in the MySQL table.
- Navigation errors of the cart and checkout page have been fixed.
- Accessible name and alternative text provided to magnifying glass used for search.
- Access rich text editor with the help of the tab key.
- While performing mass update attribute action product grid, will not throw exception now.
Magento 2.4.4 Official Documentation
Hence, the Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 new release has a comprehensive set of features for security, performance, and platform improvements. Thus, swiftly upgrade your store to Magento 2.4.4 and enjoy the benefits.
Also, check – Magento Open Source 2.4.4 Release Notes
Share your views on the new release in the comments below.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 is releasing on 9th August, 2022. See you then!