Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping
Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension by MageComp allows the store owner to charge shipping based on distance from their warehouse to the customer’s location.
- Uses Google Map API to measure the distance from source to destination
- Enable distance based shipping method for all/selected countries
- Define different measurements unit & charges
- Option to measure distance in Km/m or Miles/Ft
- Displays shipping charges in order subtotal bifurcation
Shipping plays a vital role for any online E-commerce store and having a good shipping partner can help you to deliver the best shopping experience to your customers. But it will also cost you high depending on product type, height, weight, and customer's location. Default Magento comes with several built-in Magento 2 shipping methods. Including the most popular shipping method Flat rates that enable you to set fixed shipping rates regardless of product weight, size, and location. But charging your customers with the same standard shipping rate makes them feel unfair sometimes. Instead, calculating the customer's distances from the nearby warehouse inventory and charging shipping accordingly will help you to reduce cart abandonment and turn your customer into a happy returning customer.
Magento 2 Distance based Shipping Extension by MageComp allows the store owner to calculate shipping distance from their warehouse to the customer’s location and charge shipping accordingly. The Magento 2 Distance based Shipping Module uses the Official Google Map API for calculating shipping distance from warehouse to destination. The admin can set distance units and shipping charges accordingly from the store backend. Also, using backend options, the admin can set minimum and maximum order amounts to enable custom shipping methods in Magento 2 store frontend.
: Distance based Shipping Extension for Magento 2 Features Highlights :
Define separate measurements unit & charges
With Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Module, the store owner can charge shipping fees by taking into consideration the distance from the nearby warehouse of the store to customers’ delivery location. The shipping fees are charged according to the location.
Distance based shipping method for all selected nations
With the help of the Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping extension, the store admin can select the countries for the shipping method based on where the store warehouse is nearby.
Measure the distance from the source to destination by Google map
As soon as the customers select the location of delivery, it will evaluate the distance from the store warehouse to the customer’s location with the help of a Google Map and show whether the shipping is available or not for that particular location.
Now Measure the distance in Km m or Miles Ft
The Magento 2 custom shipping method module provides the option to admin for measuring the distance from the source to destination in two ways:
- Kilometer and Meters
- Miles and Feet
Shows shipping fees in order subtotal bifurcation
The shipping fees are charged according to the location of delivery. The shipping charges will automatically be added to the order subtotal by integrating the custom shipping method in Magento 2.
Why choose MageComp’s Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension:
- Backend option to enable or disable the Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Module.
- The extension uses the Google Map API key to measure the distance from the warehouse to the destination.
- Option to set a custom title and Magento 2 custom shipping method name to display in the store frontend.
- The admin can set custom error messages for the unavailability of Magento 2 shipping methods.
- Backend option to enable Magento 2 shipping methods for all or selected countries as per need.
- Also, the admin can assign the sort order to display distance shipping on the top.
- You can set the distance unit in…
- Kilometers and meters
- Miles and Feet
- The store admin can set minimum and maximum order amounts to enable Magento 2 distance-based shipping in the frontend.
- Backend dynamic field option to define different distance unit ranges and respective shipping charges.
- Using the backend option, the admin can set the maximum distance shipping area unit where they want to deliver the shipment. If the distance exceeds the limit it will automatically get disabled in the frontend.
- The Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension comes with a multi-warehouse inventory management system using which the admin can add an unlimited number of warehouses to deliver shipment from nearby warehouses to the customer by enabling frontend selection.
- On the front-end, whenever the customer adds their address while checkout, the extension will automatically calculate the distance from inventory to the customer’s location using Google Maps and charge shipping to cart summary.
Version 1.0.2 Date : 29-07-2022
- Compatible with the latest Magento 2.4.4 version
- Compatible with Magento Coding Standards
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.0.1 Date : 11-10-2019
- Compatible with Magento 2.3.3 Latest Magento version