Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension
Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping extension allows the store owners to charge shipping fees based on distance from their warehouse to customer’s location.
- Apply shipping charge based on distance between warehouse & customer's location.
- Integrated Google Maps API to measure the distance.
- Enable distance based shipping method for all or specific countries.
- Define different ranges of distance & assign shipping charges respectively.
- 2 types of distance units - kilometers & meters or miles & feet.
- Display shipping charges in order subtotal bifurcation.
- Assign custom label to custom shipping methods.
- Custom alert messages for unavailability of shipping methods.
- Add as many warehouses as you have with physical location.
Shipping plays a vital role for any eCmmerce store and having a good shipping partner can help you deliver the best shopping experience to your customers. However, sometimes it costs higher depending on product type, height, weight, and customer's location. Default Magento comes with several built-in Magento 2 shipping methods. Like flat rates shipping method enables you to set fixed shipping rates regardless of product weight, size, and location.
But charging your customers with the same standard shipping rate seems unfair sometimes. So, calculating the distance between the nearby warehouse inventory & customer's location and applying shipping charge accordingly will help you reduce cart abandonment and turn your customers into a happy returning customers.
MageComp's Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping extension allows the store owner to calculate shipping distance from their warehouse to the customer’s location and apply shipping accordingly. This Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping module uses the official Google Map API for calculating shipping distance from warehouse to destination. The admin can set distance units and shipping charges accordingly. The admin can set minimum and maximum order amounts to enable custom shipping methods.
Benefits of Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension
Specific Measurements for Charging Shipping Cost
Admin can decide the shipping fees by considering the following 2 factors.
- Distance unit
- Distance between the warehouse & delivery location
Add mutliple combinations to create specific measurements to aaply shipping cost accordingly.
Apply Distance Based Shipping Method to Countries
Admin can set shipping cost based on where the store's warehouse is located geographically. You can set it for all countries or for specific countries.
- All countries
- Specific countries
Google Maps API to Measure the Distance
As soon as customers select the location of delivery, it starts calculating the distance from the store warehouse to customer’s location using the Google Maps API.
It also shows whether the shipping is available or not for that particular location.
2 Distance Units Available
This Magento 2 custom shipping method module has the option to measure the distance from the source to destination in the following units.
- Kilometers and meters
- Miles and feet
Show Shipping Fees in Order Subtotal Bifurcation
Shipping fees are charged according to the distance between the supply warehouse & customer's location. The shipping charges are automatically applied to order subtotal.
Why Choose MageComp’s Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension?
- Google Maps API Key to measure the distance.
- Set custom title and Magento 2 custom shipping method name.
- Set custom error messages for unavailability of shipping methods.
- Enable shipping methods for all or particular countries.
- Assign sort order to display distance shipping on the top.
- 2 types of distance units.
- Kilometers and meters
- Miles and feet
- Set minimum and maximum order amounts.
- Make multiple sets of distance ranges and set shipping charges for respective ranges.
- Set maximum distance shipping area. If the distance exceeds the limit, it automatically gets disabled.
- Add unlimited warehouses to deliver shipment from nearby warehouses to the customer.
Version 1.0.3 Date : 04-09-2023
- Compatible with Magento 2.4.6 version
Version 1.0.2 Date : 29-07-2022
- Compatible with the latest Magento 2.4.4 version
- Compatible with Magento Coding Standards
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.0.1 Date : 11-10-2019
- Compatible with Magento 2.3.3 Latest Magento version