Google is one of the well-known brand known for its products/services along with frequent updates and drastic improvements. Google Image charts is one of its service that renders static charts and generates information in an easily understandable format. And Magento 1.x uses the same Google Image Charts to render static charts in Admin dashboards.
Back in 2012, Google has officially deprecated the static Google Image Charts as they are actively focused on maintaining dynamic and interactive Google Charts. And finally, on March 14, 2019, Google has officially stopped supporting Google Image Charts that creates an issue in Magento 1.x version as they are unable to load Image charts.
- Magento Commerce 126.96.36.199 and earlier
- Magento Open Source 188.8.131.52 and earlier
To fix this issue, Magento has officially rolled out a patch file that will replace default Google Image Charts with Image-Charts free service. Here is how to do it.
- First, Download this patch from official Magento Downloads.
- You need to select MPERF-10509.diff from the drop-down.
- Click Download and move the patch to its respective desired directory.
- Now Apply the patch and you’re done.
- For the changes to be reflected, refresh the cache in the Admin under System > Cache Management.
That’s it! Now your store will use Image charts instead of Google Image Charts for generating dashboard reports.
Let us know if you are facing an issue while implementing using this method.