Hello E-commerce Pals?
All planned and set to make a beginning for an E-commerce store but can’t decide between Magento and WooCommerce? To make your decision easy, in this blog, we will be figuring out about Magento and WooCommerce E-commerce platforms. Let’s clear away!
E-commerce is buying and selling goods and services over the internet. The primary goal of any E-commerce business is to increase sales. E-commerce businesses hold various benefits like easy availability of products, faster buying, less time and cost, easy comparison of products, business at any time of the day, and reaching more customers.
Launching an E-commerce store has different steps of which one is selecting an E-commerce platform where you will build and develop your store. There are many E-commerce platforms available in the market like Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, Wix, Volusion, BigCommerce, and many more. Here, We will look in detail about Magento and WooCommerce.
The E-commerce platform is a software program that allows managing sales, purchase, marketing, and all operations related to online stores. Points to be considered while selecting an E-commerce platform includes :
- Mobile friendly
- Payment Options
- Ease of use
Overview of Magento
Magento is an open-source E-commerce platform built on PHP. Magento is a very popular E-commerce platform used by many of the top online businesses. Magento is available in two editions – Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce. Magento Open Source is free to download while Magento Commerce involves a premium fee.
Benefits of Magento
- Magento is a highly scalable, flexible, and secured platform.
- Magento is free so it is appropriate for the stores that want to invest less in their online business.
- Magento has the latest SEO ranking factors that help to optimize your store in the search engine results.
- Magento is a very powerful and spacious platform that can store a large number of data. Thus, Magento can be the option for small as well as big businesses.
- To add features and functionalities to your store’s front end along with the back end, Magento has numerous extensions available.
- Customization is supported by Magento to change the look and feel of your store and also add services according to your stor needs.
- Magento provides great customer support.
Disadvantages of Magento
- Magento requires technical skills to install and develop your store.
- It requires a larger server.
- Premium editions of Magento require high costs and fees.
Overview of WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source E-commerce platform built on WordPress that makes your WordPress website ready to sell. It is available for free and has no installation costs. It is popular amongst the WordPress community.
Benefits of WooCommerce
- WooCommerce provides many inbuilt themes and designs for your store.
- It is mobile friendly so that the owner as well as the user can perform transactions from mobile.
- It offers many extensions for adding functionalities and features to the WooCommerce store.
- It supports all payment options from the most popular ones to rarely used.
- WooCommerce has extra free plugins to customize your store.
- Installing WooCommerce is simple and does not require any special skills. So, a beginner can also go for WooCommerce.
Disadvantages of WooCommerce
- WooCommerce cannot be the right option for large businesses as it is unable to handle big amounts of data.
- The cost of extensions and plugins is high.
- Whenever you are stuck or need help in using WooCommerce, there is no help available.
Comparing: Magento and WooCommerce
|Platform||Magento is built on PHP.||WooCommerce is built on WordPress.|
|Cost||Magento is free to download.||WooCommerce is free to download.|
|Extensions||Magento provides many extensions to customize your store.||WooCommerce also has extensions available but not as many as Magento.|
|Payment Options||Magento supports all types of payment options.||WooCommerce supports all types of payment options|
|Users||Magento is used by all types of users from small to big businesses.||WooCommerce is suitable only for small and medium businesses.|
|Development Skills||Magento requires basic development skills.||WooCommerce can be easy to use for even beginners.|
|Number of products||Any number of products can be installed in the Magento store.||WooCommerce allows you to store as many products you want but less than Magento.|
What is the Best Platform for your business?
Before choosing the best platform for your business, ask yourself a few questions like What are your plans? What are your target audiences? What are the business goals? What is your budget? What are your marketing strategies? Both platforms are perfect but still, we want to choose between the two, Magento can be convenient for large businesses and WooCommerce can be convenient for small and medium businesses.
Looking at the pros and cons of Magento and WooCommerce, I insist on choosing Magento as your E-commerce platform. Magento can be a relevant choice for both small businesses and large businesses. Despite its drawbacks like the requirement of technical skills and big servers, it can be perfect for long-term business plans.
MageComp is a noted Magento Development Company with certified Magento Developers having completed 250+ Magento Extensions provides the best of services. Hire a Magento Developer to start your business online. Customize your Magento store with great Magento extensions and services. Connect with our support team for any queries and help.