In this challenging situation, there is a drastic change in the behavior of consumers. Most of the users are shopping online to avoid contact with the people. And this is the time to focus on providing the customers with a good experience. This situation has closed many storefronts and forced them to create online E-commerce stores. As always Magento rolls out with the latest release of Magento 2.4.0 The Magento 2.4 is officially released on July 28th, 2020. In that case, let’s check out the latest release of Magento 2.4.0 highlights. What are the updates and upgrades provided by Magento 2.4 in the latest release? You can Download Magento 2.4.0 from here⤵️
Breaking News! For all the Magento Merchants Adobe releases Magento 2.4 latest version of both Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce built with more competencies to grab new potential at this time and get ready for future. Let’s dive in for Magento 2.4.0 Highlights?
Yo! Magento 2.4.0 Finally launched!??
?A new level of security With 2FA
?Platform upgrades PHP 7.4 & MySQL 8.0
?Infrastructure improvements & Improved Workflow
?Faster and Easier Development with PWA
?New Media Gallery redesign
— MageComp (@theMageComp) July 29, 2020
- 1 What are the New Features/Updates of Magento 2.4.0:
- 2 B2B purchasing with Approval Workflows:
- 3 Customer-oriented service with Seller-Assisted Shopping:
- 4 Give shoppers new fulfillment with in-store pickup:
- 5 10x Faster Performance and Streamlined Asset Management:
- 6 Straightforward Headless and PWA development:
- 7 Upgraded Platform Security, Quality & Performance:
- 8 Over to You:
What are the New Features/Updates of Magento 2.4.0:
- B2B purchasing with Approval Workflows
- Customer-oriented service with Seller-Assisted Shopping
- Give shoppers new fulfillment with in-store pickup
- 10x faster performance and streamlined asset management
- Straightforward Headless and PWA development.
- Upgraded Platform Security, Quality & Performance.
B2B purchasing with Approval Workflows:
To grow B2B sales, it is mandatory to support the counsmers by updating the purchase policy and requirements. Modern approval workflow functionality added in the latest release of Magento 2.4 that offers an opportunity for the B2B buying companies that is the process of the approval will be customized by using a simple form. The company has full rights of defining the approval rules on the basis of order value, Shipping Costs, number of SKUs, ETC.
And in case of approval procedure is automatic where the approver is notified for taking an action to approve, reject, or comment on a purchase order directly in their account. Added Self-service approval workflows, helps all the B2B sellers to deliver fast, convenient online ordering, and increasing new business and boosting online sales.
Customer-oriented service with Seller-Assisted Shopping:
For betterment of Digital E-commerce, all the B2B companies should take a step forward to guide the visitors about the new online shopping and managing the account. The new launched seller assisted feature helps all the online merchants to improve the customer engagement and deliver outstanding services.
- Resolve any part of the buying process
- Help the customers to experience custom functionality that is only available on the frontend of the store.
- Help the consumers by guiding them by generating orders and quotes for its own account which saves time fo your consumers.
Give shoppers new fulfillment with in-store pickup:
In the set of this feature, Magento helps in increasing in-store pickup by providing additional in-store purchases while picking up an online order. Merchants can easily manage via In-Store Pick Up option in Inventory Management. While checking out, consumers can easily search for locations near them and review other important information such as the timing of the store. When customers place orders the store admin can easily notify the customers when the order is ready to pick by just one click. This advance feature is provided in both Magento Open Source versions & Magento Commerce.
10x Faster Performance and Streamlined Asset Management:
In increasing shoppers online, merchants require to communicate with them to keep their value in the market. Generating a user engagement experience by updating the content which is very time-consuming. In that case, the latest version of Magento 2.4 works easily by creating a better workflow by building the Media Gallery that performs up to 30 times faster.
Re-Built Media Gallery and asset management:
- Designers and external agencies can directly handle the Media Gallery with the help of Access Control List permissions for uploading and handling the assets.
- Effortless management of images that are used across your website by new image information that contains where and how frequently the image is utilized throughout categories, products, or pages.
- Filter and search the images faster with new images attributes.
- Adobe Stock integration saves time by helping in managing the workflow in the Media Gallery of your Website
Straightforward Headless and PWA development:
Released the latest version of PWA studio for both Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce with the release of Magento 2.4.0. Launched all new Venia storefront that is built with the help of Page Builder. They have also introduced extensible framework to easily customize and extending the capabilities of PWA Studio. With the help of Venia UI components merchants will be capable of building the custom experiences by using the front-end development tool.
Upgraded Platform Security, Quality & Performance:
The latest version release of Magento 2.4 includes many upgrades in terms of quality, security, and performance.
- Magento 2.4 provides more secure admin portal by implementing two-factor authentication (2FA) for all users.
- Enabled the delivery updates more frequently by migrating the Braintree integration to the Vendor Bundled Module.
- Pages are loaded 43% faster by improving the scalability of Redis optimizations.
- Updated tech stack components to ensure long-term compliance and security
Over to You:
Therefore, the above listed are the featured upgrades provided in the latest release of Magento 2.4.0. Upgrade your Magento 2 Store to the latest version.
Share the article with your Magento friends and surprise them by giving the latest Magento 2.4.0 update. Write down your views on this in the comment section below. I will be happy to reply to you back.
Till then Stay Connected and Stay Updated!