Hello Magento Folks,
Magento is proving one of the best and most used platforms in the E-commerce business by releasing essential upgrades on time. The release date was already predicted in our last published article Magento 2.4 Release in 2020! What to Expect? [All Major Updates] So without further ado let’s Begin. Here is the full detailed information on the release of the Magento 2.4.0 Beta Version with its release date
Our @magento v2.4.0 beta release is coming in hot! We’ve got release notes published to give you a sneak peek of all the release goodies.
Preview release highlights here— https://t.co/mexkOFPgbb
Partners: Get early access to the code here— https://t.co/LQyXlNrNP4
— Magento DevDocs (@MagentoDevDocs) June 1, 2020
Magento 2.4.0 (Beta) Version Release Date
The announcement says the release date of Magento 2.4.0 Beta Version is June 01, 2020
Magento 2.4.0 solving more than 100 new core code problems with 30 security enhancements. The developers and community members solve the major 226 GitHub issues. It is as always detailed from the clean-up of core code to major changes in Inventory Management and GraphQL.
Boost up your store performance with upgrading the latest version provided by Magento 2 where the latest features will help your store to provide the best features to the customers. Download Magento 2.4.0(Beta) here.
Security-only patch available
The store owners can easily install security fixes without implementing the functional fixes. Patch 18.104.22.168 is capable of providing the fixed vulnerabilities which were found on the last release of Magento 2. All the hotfixes are implemented in the beta version of Magento 2.4.0.
Highlights of Magento 2.4.0 (Beta)
Substantial security enhancements:
This release of Magento 2.4.0 contains more than 30 security issue fixes and platform security improvements.
- Two-factor authentication is available for the Magento admin.
- By default Template filter strict mode available.
- By default disabled the Data rendering for UI data providers.
- Content Security Policy improvements.
There are platform upgrades available for security improvement and boost the performance of the website. The PHP supported versions include Elasticsearch, PHPUnit, MySQL and many other dependencies required for the technology stack of Magento 2.4.0.
- Includes PHP 7.4 support and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 deprecated.
- MariaDB 10.4 support.
- Supports PHPUnit 9.x and eliminated PHPUnit 6.5
- Eliminated MySQL catalog search engine
- Elasticsearch 7.x support.
- MySQL 8.0 support
- Eliminated the core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code.
- Laminas project includes the Migration of dependencies on the Zend Framework.
- Eliminated the core Braintree module from the codebase.
The release notes of the Magento 2.4.0 beta version includes a significant improvement in the quality of the framework.
- Eliminated core integration of third-party payment methods
- Added the exclusive Support for the partial-word search for Elasticsearch.
- Deprecation of the Web Set-Up Wizard.
- Composer update plugin.
There is a vast improvement in the latest release of Magento 2.4.0,
- Improvements to customer data section invalidation logic
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance.
- Improved caching of results of SQL queries to inventory tables.
Merchant Tool Enhancements:
Advanced Inventory Management enhancements provided by Magento in this release of Magento 2.4.0 which contains the in-store pickup and enhanced support of the bundle product. Check out the Inventory Management release notes here.
GraphQL enhancements Contain the enhanced support of the pickup locations query and includes the latest feature of Inventory In-store pickup. Check out the detailed notes of GraphQL here.
Here is the major information of PWA Studio where Magento 2.4.0 supports the PWA Studio 6.0.0 and 6.0.1. Check out the detailed information here.
Many issues are fixed with the release of the Magento 2.4.0 core code.
- Easy removal of the website and the website’s scope-specific configuration.
- Disabled the edit of the configuration settings in index.php at admin.
- Effortless Magento installation with the predefined config at the config.php.
- Refactored the \Magento\Store\App\Config\Source\RuntimeConfigSource::getEntities to diminish the SHOW TABLE STATUS queries.
As always there are also improvements in the Magento 2.4.0 release that is the vendor developed extensions like Klarna, Yotpo, and Vertex.
Installation and Upgrade Process:
To sign up to this program you must be a current Solution Partner or Technology Partner with Magento. One can install Magento Open Source 2.4.0 using Composer. Please use the MageID associated with the Magento Commerce license or Partner license (same MageID used to sign the Beta Agreement). For more details on how to use Composer and troubleshooting accessing Beta code, please read this.
Magento 2.4.0 is ready to take your business to a next-level growth this year and the Magento store owners can effortlessly Upgrade to Latest Magento 2 Version to the latest version. For any queries do contact our support team. Also, make sure to comment down in the comment section if you didn’t find the feature you were finding or if any update notes are missing in the article. Don’t forget to share the article with your Magento friends to update them on the release of Magento 2.4.0.