Recently on 4th April, Instagram has made a change in operating API, which will affect every third-party plugin and service that uses Instagram data. We apologize for being not able to give you any prior warning. Due to some sudden changes made by Instagram, our two best seller plugins Magento Instagram Connect & Magento 2 Instagram Extension has got a limit in fetching Instagram resources. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that caused.
What’s Included in API Changes:
- At a time, we can fetch only 12 images (available on the first page) of specific username.
- Hashtag feeds and user accounts feeds are still working. But it will be removed soon as mentioned in Instagram released notes.
- No longer possible to display Like feeds
- No longer possible to display comments on posts in feeds.
- No longer possible to display the avatars of users in feeds.
Read Complete changelog at Official Instagram Platform Changelog.
IMPORTANT: Instagram has applied the changes without notification to the developers. Instagram announced these changes & set for July 31, 2018 and December 2018, so that all applications would have time to adapt and inform their clients. Instagram has applied these changes effective immediately to keep the platform and the user’s data secure.
In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and trouble that your faces while using our extension. But don’t worry we are working hard to fix this problem in our next Instagram update for both Magento 1 & 2 Extensions.