Hello E-commerce Friends,
According to the announcement by Google, Expanded Text Ads (ETAs) will no longer be edited or created from 30 June, 2022.
Only Responsive Search Ads (RSAs) can be created or edited for Search Engine Campaigns from 30 June, 2022.
So here I have shared the foresight on what this change will bring and what PPC marketers need to prepare.
What is happening to ETAs?
From 30 June 2022, marketers will no longer be able to create or edit Extended Text Ads for their standard search engines.
The marketers must take note of the below:
- Existing Extended Text Ads will continue to run along with responsive search ads.
- Marketers will be able to check reports on ETAs.
- ETAs can be paused, resumed, or removed whenever required but you cannot create or edit.x
- It is advisable to switch to Responsive Search Ads.
Image Source: Vitalstorm
Why are ETAs retiring?
Google mentions that there are 15% new searches every day in the Google Search Query, hence Automation can help to keep a balance with this trend. With this change, the goal is to show the right message to a specific search query by creating dynamic ads at the time of auction.
What is the impact it will have on Marketers?
Marketers will not have control and capabilities of ETAs to some extent. Using ETAs marketers test messaging and depending on it they change their RSAs. While working with RSAs will not allow marketers to exactly know what is working and what isn’t.
Hence, this change will bring performance consequences for marketers but it also marks as the new trend for marketers to have less control of ads.
What should PPC Marketers do?
The Extended Text Ads are going to end but still, we have time. So here are some recommendations for PPC experts to deal with the change.
- Before ETAs end, it is recommended to test your ETAs for RSAs and discover what works best.
- Create some immortal ETAs that can be used in the future.
- Add some additional ETAs so that you can at least test them after ETAs shut down.
- Advertisers must also focus on improving their RSAs.
- Make sure every ad group consists of RSA and works well.
All in all, it is a change with which some will benefit and some will struggle. But the only way out is to accept Google’s announcements and hope for future updates to help with performance and reporting troubles. For now, get in touch with Google Adwords Experts to track on with the new update by Google.
Stay informed with us for new updates and announcements.