Hello, E-commerce Buddies!
When starting an E-commerce website, there are tons of items that need to be verified and cross-checked, and examined, again and again, to deliver a delightful experience to the users.
While designing your site, you must have specified a lot of functionalities that discriminate your site from others in the market and provide value to the users. So, it is recommended to ensure that all the functionalities mentioned run properly on your site and add purpose to the users without a hitch.
For that reason, I have assembled an extensive Checklist for an eCommerce Website to Launch in 2022. Also, take a look at our related article from here.
- 1 Checklist for an eCommerce Website to Launch in 2022
- 2 Summing It Up!
Checklist for an eCommerce Website to Launch in 2022
An Effective First Impression of E-commerce Site
When a visitor visits your website, he has two choices, either to leave or to keep looking at your site. As the saying goes, the first impression is the last impression, here applies the same. Your home page interface should be alluring.
What to include and countercheck?
- A well-structured logo
- Check compatibility with all the browsers and devices.
- Commercial graphics & links on the homepage
- Links of the widely used products.
- CTA to drive people to important pages.
- The search area at the top of the website.
- An area for the most recent information.
- Provide language options.
The Overall E-commerce Site Control and Look
All the E-commerce sites require constant modifications and handling to affirm that all the pages work smoothly on the site. For that, keeping a handy list to cross-check everything at the end is important.
Things to remember when managing the site:
- Inclusion of security certificates to ensure that the purchase is safe.
- Simple design to make the navigation easy.
- examine the page speed – to load the pages fast.
- Broken links should be deleted and empty product pages should be filled in.
- Add categories on all the pages and filter choices.
- All the pages should contain an email signup form.
- Category and product tab, and the shopping cart at the top of the website.
- Include all the payment systems you provide.
- Link the tab which leads to the support pages.
- Make it responsive and verify the same on all the browsers and devices.
E-commerce Site Product Page
There is a possibility that when people search for any product through search engines, they directly land on your product pages. So it is essential to provide clear-cut information on all the pages.
- User reviews and ratings.
- Links to other relevant products.
- Some points or free exposure if they buy now.
- Include multiple images with all the angles and zoom-in functionality in the product image. Also, videos to display clearly.
- An optimized product title, description, and specifications.
- Easy modifications of product quantity and the available size of the products.
- Add to cart and add to the wish list button on every page.
- Proper pricing of all the products with discounts if included and also the availability of products.
- Tax and shipping evaluation.
- A comment section.
- A live chat option.
- Product codes to use later for reference.
Blog and Media Page to Enhance the Site Value
Keeping additional content other than just selling products will enhance your site performance and can help you excel in the E-commerce industry.
- Company occasions
- Blog of latest news and events.
- A comment section in the blog.
- Social buttons to share.
- Video testimonials page.
Shopping Cart, Wishlist Button, and Checkout Process
- Allow all the payment methods.
- Give moderate shipping charges.
- Make the checkout process visually appealing by adding funny images.
- Append checkout buttons on the top and bottom of every page.
- Security and payment seals must be notable during checkout.
- Drive customers to continue shopping after purchasing.
- Enable them to save to cart or wishlist to purchase later.
- Recommend relevant items to add to the wishlist to increase selling.
- Abstain asking for a survey response after checkout. Instead, make it for email.
- Provide free shipping if the bill exceeds a specific amount.
- Accept numerous shipping methods, include promo code entering option, and approx shipping date and time.
Ensure Follow-Up with Customers
After a customer makes a purchase, it is recommended to send an email message to them. Include the below-given checklist in the emails.
- The invoice with price and photo of the product.
- Links of the product, website, & Support page.
- Offer them to join a reward program.
- Make them write reviews as a counterpart to offers.
- Interrogate if they want to receive notifications in the future.
- Provide an option to track shipping and cancellation options.
- include a link to give feedback.
Summing It Up!
So, that was a throughout Checklist for an eCommerce Website to Launch in 2022. After marking off all the points, you will have an extensive E-commerce website right in front of you.
Build a comprehensive E-commerce App by hiring our E-commerce Mobile App Development Service. Share this article and hit the 5 stars!
Have a G’day!