Hey, Magento folks.
The year 2018 gazed us with the release of Magento 2.3 version. This version brought many improvements which are helpful. As Magento, never fails to surprise us with its new version releases with security enhancement.
Recently, Magento Live event was organized in Australia, which had deliberations regarding the future of E-commerce. Many topics came into light, for instance, AI and digital wallets.
— Aman Agarwal (@AmanAga31031991) February 12, 2019
A speaker, namely Carolyn Breeze discussed the evolution of digital wallet over the years and how digital wallets are overtaking credit card because of the sheer ease of use. She expects that shortly money will almost be digital. So, integrating payment gateways will be the primary thing in any e-commerce website. Another speaker, namely Blake Morgan explained the importance of rich user experience and asked to focus on uniqueness.
What we can do is look at today’s trends and see where they’re headed. Ten years ago, smartphones and digital wallets were in their infancy. We couldn’t have imagined that they might soon overtake desktop and credit cards. Carolyn Breeze of @Braintree #MLAU pic.twitter.com/EkQOY2uE4z
— Magento (@magento) February 13, 2019
A lot of other topics like M-commerce was being discussed. An initiative has also started to support M-commerce where customers can have easy checkouts and payments which will probably increase the growth of conversion rates. Magento organizes various events because these discussions helps Magento engineers and contributors to come up with features which will help its customers to improve their websites and be up to date in the market so, that they can grab more consumers to their site and give them a good user experience.
Magento 2.3.1 drops in March, incorporating significant community contributions and bringing to market new merchant and developer experience advancements. @jasonwoosley_mg #MLAU pic.twitter.com/m9YzJbctak
— Magento (@magento) February 12, 2019
Now coming back to the Magento 2.3.1 version, it is expected to release in March implementing some significant contributions and bringing some developer experience advancement.
- Updates in bundled integrations like Amazon pay, dotmail, Klarna, Vertex.
- Enhancement in B2b performance with the power of handling a large number of addresses on customer accounts (up to 3000)
- The drag and drop page builder which will make easy to build engaging content and that will be compatible with PWA.
- PWA with full Venia B2C theme and B2B theme.
- GraphQL- Covering B2B APIs
- As the world is becoming shorter, it is essential to deliver products worldwide. So, it is expected from Magento to come up with Magento Global Shipping coverage.
- Provides global coverage via DHL Express, with UPS and FedEx global coverage.
- Some improvements in B2B commerce like:
- B2b data import / export
- Improved performance
- Merchant admin improvements
So, all these things are expected from the upcoming Magento 2.3.1 version which will surely help Magento store owners improve their business and offer a better shopping experience their customers.
What you guys are expecting from Magento 2.3.1 version release? Tell us by commenting below.