Hello Magento Friends,
Today, I will reveal the steps for How to Display Suffix Field in Magento 2.
A suffix is a component of a name added at the end of the name that describes religion, role, position in the family, or other characteristics. Suffixes are usually used in Western-English language tradition. Common suffix examples are Jr. (Junior), Sr. (Senior), I, II, III, etc.
You can add the Suffix field to various input forms in order to collect additional information from customers of your Magento 2 store. To do that follow the below steps.
Steps to Show Suffix Field in Magento 2:
- Log in to your Magento 2 Admin Dashboard.
- Select Stores from the left menu bar.
- Then choose Configuration from the submenu.
- After that expand CUSTOMERS and select Customer Configuration.
- You need to work under the Name and Address Options.
- In the Show Suffix field select Optional or Required.
- Next in the Suffix Dropdown Options, add the suffix name options separated with a semicolon to be displayed as a dropdown in the front or you can keep it blank to display as a text field in the front.
- At last, hit the Save Config button to apply the changes.
Frontend Display of Suffix Field in Magento 2:
You can observe that the Suffix field is displayed in the Customer Registration Form
The Suffix field is also displayed in the Address Book of Customer Dashboard
Customer My Account Information also contains Suffix Field
Hence, this way you can collect customer suffix information of your Magento 2 store. Similarly, you can also Show Prefix Field in Magento 2. Apart from suffix and prefix names, you can also add middle name field in Magento 2 registration form.
Share the tutorial with your Magento friends and colleagues.