The long awaited Magento 2.0 has been released few days ago. There is a vast difference in file structure of Magento 2.x and Magento 1.x, so it’s not possible to upgrade to the 2.0 version like we used to in 1.x version. Though the awesome Magento Community has developed such tools which can help you migrate data of your Magento store from 1.x to 2.x versions. You can’t upgrade the Magento theme to 2.0 but you can at least perform data migration.
Here I will show the how to Migrate data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x using a migration tool.
Here are some tools I came to know for Magento 2.x Migration:
Here we are going to guide you to migrate to Magento 2 using UberTheme Migration tool:
- Download the tool from https://github.com/ubertheme/magento2_data_migration/releases
- Extract in the root of your server by making any folder.
- We suppose you have already installed Magento 2.
- Create these folders, folders shall have write permissions.
- Make sure these files also have write permissions.
- Run this tool In browser by accessing localhost/foldername
- You shall receive following screen. Enter the details of both the databases. Make sure those are accessible if you are using firewall or something.
- Once configured, click on next step, it will check the connection between 2 databases and shall show this screen. Select websites and stores you want to migrate.
- Clicking on Next step, you will be able to see the screen to migrate attributes.
- Migrate Categories now. It will show all the list of categories, you can select few of them or select all to migrate all.
- Migrate Products.
You can migrate all types of products you want to migrate, you will have selection as well.
- Migrate customers
- Migrate Sales Data,
- Migrate Reviews and Ratings
- Migrate other data.
- You will need to reindex to see the migrated data in Magento 2.
Linux : php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex
Windows: php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
- You will need to resave attribute sets in Magento2 after data migration, go to Stores > Attributes > Attribute Set. Open the Attribute Set, edit information of it if needed and click the save button.
- Copy media files
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\catalog and paste replace to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\downloadable and paste replace to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
Make recursive write able to “catalog” and “downloadable” folders which you have just copied.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\var but take the .htaccess file.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\pub\static but take the .htaccess file.
- You have successfully migrated all the data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0.
1. Sales Data is not migrating after complete Migration.
Ans. If you face any trouble in migrating sales data, follow this: https://github.com/ubertheme/magento2_data_migration/issues/12
Comment below and we will help you out if you face any issue. I will love to hear from you if you find any other way to migrate the data.
Contact us anytime if you need any help with Magento 2 Custom Development, Extension development and customization, Magento 2 upgrade/migration Service for Magento 1.x versions.