Large eCommerce businesses also have a huge management team base with access to the store’s backend to streamline their work and ensure the efficiency of the store. Usually, these large-scale Magento 2 stores have several admins assigned to different store departments who have to ensure proper store management. These admins have the highest authority for smooth management working.
If there is any discrepancy or error with the store, it can be very difficult to point out the main cause of the error with so many admins working on one store only. As the default Magento 2 store does not provide any admin activity monitoring feature, MageComp has developed a Magento 2 Admin Action Login module that allows Magento 2 store owners to monitor every admin activity and prevent any store errors effectively.
- 1 Benefits of Magento 2 Admin Action Login Extension
- 2 How to Integrate Admin Action Login Plugin into Your Magento 2 Store?
- 3 Over to You
Benefits of Magento 2 Admin Action Login Extension
Magento 2 Admin Action Log is not a built-in feature of Magento 2 but rather an extension that can be added to a Magento 2 store to enhance its security and streamlined functionality. This extension is used to keep track of and log all actions performed by administrators in the Magento 2 admin panel. Here’s how it can benefit your Magento 2 store in multiple ways:
The Admin Action Log extension helps improve the security of your Magento 2 store by providing an audit trail of all actions taken by administrators. This can be useful for identifying unauthorized or suspicious activities in the admin panel.
When an issue or error occurs in the admin panel, the log can be examined to see if any recent admin actions might have caused the problem. This can aid in troubleshooting and resolving issues more efficiently.
3. Choose what to monitor
The Magento 2 Admin Action Login extension allows owners to choose which section they want to monitor, such as order, product, category, theme, etc. The Magento 2 module will then show the track record of all the recent activities being conducted.
4. Notification and Alerts
MageComp’s Magento 2 Admin Action Login module includes notification and alert features, allowing administrators to receive alerts for specific actions or changes, enhancing real-time monitoring and control.
5. Record Proof
The log provides a historical record of all changes made in the admin panel, which can be valuable for tracking changes, understanding past decisions, and auditing purposes.
How to Integrate Admin Action Login Plugin into Your Magento 2 Store?
1. General Configuration
To move further with the Magento 2 Admin Action Login extension integration process, you need to install the Magento 2 extension into your Magento 2 store.
Once you have installed the extension, you can start by navigating to
Stores → Configuration → General Configuration
- Admin Activity – Admins can enable or disable the extension from this field.
- Enable Login Activity – Admins must select YES in this field to enable tracking login activity.
- Enable Page Visit History – Admins must select YES in this field to get records for every page visit history.
- Admin email – Admins are required to enter the email ID on which they must receive the email notification of the admin action log being cleared.
- Custom Email Template – Choose the template that will be used to send email notifications of log clearing.
- Clear Admin Activity Logs After – Admins can set the days after which the admin activity login will be cleared automatically.
- Clear Activity Log – Admins can clear the admin activity log manually from this field.
- Last Clear Date – This field will give you the last date and time when the log was cleared.
- Allowed modules – Admins can select the activities they wish to review.
2. Admin Activity
Admins can access the admin activity login report in their backend grid.
Admins can also check every admin activity of the store.
3. Login Activity
Admins can track every login and logout activity with the date and time and the device through which they have logged in of every admin that has access to the store backend.
4. Admin Activity Revert Option
If some applied changes are needed to be reverted back, admins can do that from this field easily.
After the admin reverts the changes, it will show SUCCESS in the revert row with the name of the person by whom it was changed.
Over to You
In the world of e-commerce, time is money, and security is paramount. The Admin Action Login Extension for Magento 2 offers an elegant solution to streamline your store management while keeping it secure.
By installing the Magento 2 Admin Action Login module into your eCommerce store, you can easily keep track of every admin activity. With this, you can empower your team to work more efficiently and focus on growing your business.
Check out the admin action login module’s user guide and admin demo to explore and learn more about the Magento 2 module.