Last month Magento Imagine was held 13 to 15 May 2019, Where Magento which is now acquired by Adobe has announced the release of their upcoming Magento 2.3.2. Also, Just one week ago on same Tuesday night, One of Magento Team Members @lkrell posted an update on Magento Community regarding Magento 2.3.2 for which we all are eagerly waiting for! According to her post in Magento Community Dev blog that Magento plans to release Magento 2.3.2 Open Source and Magento Commerce edition on 25th June, 2019 along with updates for Magento 1, 2.1, and 2.2 on the same day that brings some important security enhancements, and it is recommended to prepare to update your Magento versions promptly.
During, Magento Imagine they have also mentioned that upcoming Magento 2.3.2 will have with 200+ Product quality improvements, 75 Security improvements, 2 new sales channel: Amazon and Google Shopping Ads channel. Magento 2.3.2 release with 356 closed issues, 200+ Community pull requests via Github. According to Magento Team, Merchants will appreciate the improvements to storefront page response times. This release also includes substantial infrastructure improvements.
Improvements coming out with #Magento2 2.3.2 in June 2019. #MagentImagine pic.twitter.com/BeoB0nkJBx
— Sergii Shymko (@SergiiShymko) May 14, 2019
And Finally! yesterday night Magento has rolled out all its new updates for their users.
- 1 What are the updates for Magento 2.3.2?
- 1.1 Substantial security enhancements:
- 1.2 Performance boosts:
- 1.3 Infrastructure improvements:
- 1.4 Merchant tool enhancements:
- 1.5 Cart and checkout:
- 1.6 Cart Price rules:
- 1.7 Customers:
- 1.8 Frameworks:
- 1.9 Google Analytics:
- 1.10 Google Chart API:
- 1.11 Magento Shipping:
- 1.12 New Relic reporting:
- 1.13 Newsletter:
- 1.14 Performance:
- 1.15 Search:
- 1.16 Official Magento Release Notes:
- 1.17 Why do you need to Upgrade your Store?
What are the updates for Magento 2.3.2?
Considering the expected keypoints declared during the event, Magento 2.3.2 has better GraphQL (API), Performance and Security things. Also, they have now included two more sales channel Amazon 2.0.0(supports US, Canada, Mexico only.) and Google Shopping Ads channel 1.1.1.
- In GraphQL, they have now expanded GraphQL coverage for the shopping cart/checkout. Also, caching for GraphQL queries included.
- For Performance Improvements, they have optimized storefront page load time by 20%+ also they have made changes in Asynchronous operations on the admin side.
- To enhance store Security, Google reCAPTCHA module is now enabled for PayPal Payflow checkout also made Amazon Pay PSD2 compliance.
And here are the final updates list according to the official Magento 2.3.2 release notes.
Substantial security enhancements:
- 75 security enhancements that help close cross-site scripting (XSS), remote code execution (RCE), and sensitive data disclosure vulnerabilities as well as other security issues
- Google reCAPTCHA module for PayPal Payflow checkout.
The new PaypalRecaptcha module adds Google reCAPTCHA and CAPTCHA to the Payflow Pro checkout form.
- Significant improvement to storefront page response time.
- Improved concurrent access to block cache storage.
- Product page gallery load optimization.
This release contains 130 enhancements to core quality, which improve the quality of the Framework and these modules:
Checkout/One Page Checkout,
Merchant tool enhancements:
Magento now performs the following tasks as asynchronous background processes and sends system messages to alert Admin users when tasks complete. Moving these common administrative tasks to the background frees administrators to work on other tasks while the initial tasks are processing.
- Discount coupon generation. See Coupon Code.
- Mass editing of products.
- Data export. Previously, connection timeouts occurred during export of large data sets (for example, the export of 200,000 products). See Export for more information.
Cart and checkout:
- Magento now correctly updates the mini cart if a selected product is disabled during the shopping session.
- Magento now persists the shipping quote in the shopping cart for guest customers when Persistent Shopping Cart is enabled.
Cart Price rules:
- Magento now displays the Cart Price Rule code on an order details Admin page if free shipping applies. Previously, Magento did not display information about the Sales rule or why shipping was free
- Magento no longer empties your shopping cart after you have reset your password. Previously, if you added items to your shopping cart using a guest account, then logged in and reset your password, Magento emptied your cart
- The performance of product image loading has been significantly improved.
- You can now successfully download a downloadable product by clicking the link to the product in your downloadable products list. Previously, when you clicked this link. the page did not open correctly, and Magento threw the following error:
Something went wrong while getting the requested content
- Google Analytics
Anonymize Ipno longer always set to on.
Google Chart API:
- The Google chart API has been updated to the Image-Charts. Magento now uses the Image-Charts free service to render static charts in Admin dashboards.
- Fixed issue with the event stream cron job.
- Fixed issue with retrieving shipping labels from some AWS environments.
New Relic reporting:
- Improved performance of New Relic queries. The New Relic Reporting module now cleans the Magento 2.x report data to prevent the reporting data store from growing too large and slowing query performance.
- You can now change pages at an expected speed from the Admin newsletter subscribers page (Marketing > Communications > Newsletter Subscribers). Previously, it took excessively long to move off this page.
- Catalog search Minimal Query Length values are now enforced as expected.
- Elasticsearch quick search now works as expected when the default attribute set contains
dateattribute that has been set to Search = Yes. Previously, the search page threw an exception and crashed.
Official Magento Release Notes:
As per Planned Releases, Magento has rolled out updates yesterday night. Also, updates, release notes, and documentation is now available at these links:
- Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.2, 2.2.9 and 2.1.18
- Magento Open Source 18.104.22.168
- Magento Commerce 22.214.171.124
For older version and after this Magento 2.3 release, support ends date for minor Magento releases will be based on the availability and Quality updates and Security updates will be rolled out via incremental quarterly after releases.
Why do you need to Upgrade your Store?
If you are thinking to upgrade your existing Magento store process is a bit tricky and challenging. It would be messy and troublesome. Unless you are an experienced developer, don’t try out yourself as you may lose crucial data which probably ruin your business. We always recommend merchants to keep your Magento store up to date for taking advantage of new features and security updates.
Until Magento 2.3.2 is available for you to download, you can keep your eye on Official Magento Tech Resources or our blog.
If you are looking for Premium Magento 1.x or 2.x Extensions at 40% OFF visit our store before 30th June 2019.
Catch you on our next blog.