Do you own a Magento store and want to boost sales and improve efficiency? So choosing a solid Point of Sale (POS) system for your business is all you need to do right now. Integrating a POS system with Magento will allow you to synchronize data in real-time, manage inventory, provide flexible payment methods, and more.
But how do you choose the best retail pos software for your Magento 2 store? You should consider various factors, such as functionality, customization, integration, pricing, and rating. To assist you in making a decision, we have compiled a list of the 6 best retail POS systems for Magento 2 in 2023. Let’s take a look at them!
- 1 Key Features of a POS System for Retail Store Owners Consider
- 2 Top 6 Best Retail POS Systems for Magento 2
- 2.1 1. Magestore POS – The All-in-One Solution
- 2.2 2. Magento POS by Boostmyshop
- 2.3 3. Webkul POS
- 2.4 4. Amasty POS
- 2.5 5. Ebizmarts POS
- 2.6 6. Acid POS
- 3 How to Choose the Best Magento 2 POS System for Your Business?
- 4 Final Thoughts
Key Features of a POS System for Retail Store Owners Consider
Anyone in charge of a retail business agrees with the importance of a solid retail store POS system, as it can control inventory, process payments, and provide valuable insights into how your business functions, all while saving you money and helping you make more sales.
There are a lot of POS systems for merchants, so it’s important to consider the key features below before choosing the best fit for upgrading your Magento 2 store.
Recording Sales Transactions
A principal role of a POS system for retail is to keep track of business transactions. This highlights the need for a retail store POS system to accelerate product scanning and transactions. Besides, your chosen point-of-sale software should be able to document repairs, suppliers’ payments, exchanges, and stock moves.
Omnichannel Integration and Management
This is an important function when looking for a POS system for retail stores to handle your online inventory, track sales, and manage customers and employees from your channels.
These functions allow for streamlined control over your retail business across all available platforms when used together. The more flexibility the retail store POS system you offer your customers, the more likely they will return and keep using your products and services.
A retail POS software should be able to process payments in various forms, such as cash, credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, etc.), mobile wallets, gift cards, etc., and multiple currencies. It should also be able to issue invoices and receipts to customers swiftly.
Mobile point-of-sale systems are necessary for many stores since customers have grown to demand convenience. A mobile POS system for retail stores can help alleviate the long wait times or the lengthy checkout counter. In addition, retailers can speed up the ordering procedure by using tablet POS like an iPad retail point of sale system linked to the store’s primary retail system.
Reporting and analytics
One of the most useful features of the top point-of-sale retail software is reporting tools that allow you to make sense of the data you collect, your business’s sales, stock levels, cash flow, customer demographics, and more. You can access timely information and analysis that guides your company’s strategic direction and make smart decisions.
Top 6 Best Retail POS Systems for Magento 2
POS System Name
|Key Features||Starting Price||POS System Rating||
||Custom quote based on demand||4.4/5 on Trustpilot||Buy Now|
||€379.00 ($429)||3.8/5 on Trustpilot||Buy Now|
||$249||4.7/5 on Trustpilot||Buy Now|
||$299||4.3/5 on Trustpilot||Buy Now|
||$350||2.3/5 on Trustpilot||Buy Now|
||$465||5/5 with 1 review on Capterra||Buy Now|
1. Magestore POS – The All-in-One Solution
Backed by Progressive Web App (PWA) technology, the Magestore POS is a fast, scalable, and customizable retail software dedicated to Magento merchants and omnichannel retailers. It has many features that help stores keep track of their customers, products, and sales. Besides being native to Magento, this all-in-one solution easily integrates many extensions and software, helping you build a complete retail operations system to your needs.
- Real-time data synchronization for sales, inventory, and customers across multiple locations and channels lets you stay up-to-date with your business operations.
- Efficient inventory management with barcodes allows you to track stock flow and manage lead time and turnover rate.
- Real-time reports for store performance, inventory management, and employee productivity.
- Multiple payment options.
- Customization and integration enable you to add new functions, integrations, and more.
- Loyalty program management enables you to create and control promotions, reward points, and gift cards to increase loyal customers.
- Seamlessly integrate with other ERP and accounting software such as Quickbooks, SAP, Netsuite, Xero etc.
- It can work well in offline mode, even without an internet connection.
Pros and Cons
- All-in-one retail software that offers a tailor-made solution for omnichannel retailers
- You’re the owner of the solution and data.
- Pay one time for the license and create unlimited users and registers
- Seamless integration with Magento and its extensions, minimizing the risk of errors
- Accessible on any device through PWA technology
- Robust and highly reliable in processing thousands of orders daily
- The system can be complex to set up and configure, but the Magestore team will support you.
- Custom pricing based on:
- The number of stores
- Business requirements
- Support level
- Free first-year support and 90-day money back for a POS license if you aren’t satisfied with the solution.
2. Magento POS by Boostmyshop
Boostmyshop’s POS system for Magento delivers trustworthy e-commerce solutions for online retailers wanting to grow their business performance while enhancing customer satisfaction. It provides multiple features for inventory management, order processing, price monitoring, and Google Ads optimization.
In addition, Boostmyshop retail POS software provides sales reports that record all essential data and figures, including best-sellers, transactions by payment methods, turnover, etc., for better sales management.
- Real-time data synchronization across your online and offline stores, warehouses, and suppliers.
- Omnichannel selling, such as your website, marketplaces, social media, etc.
- Enable store pick-up with POS devices.
- Multiple payment solutions are accepted.
- Customer loyalty programs.
- Allow creating orders as a guest, existing, or new customer.
- Real-time, in-depth sales reports.
Pros and Cons
- Cost-effective compared to some other e-commerce solutions.
- Easy to use and does not require much technical knowledge to set up and customize.
- Support multiple languages and currencies for your global customers.
- Limited customization options for some advanced features or functions.
- Require an internet connection to function, so it can’t work in offline mode.
- Open-source: €379.00 ($429)
- Enterprise: €758.00 ($855)
- Installation: €89.00
3. Webkul POS
Webkul Magento POS system for retail is another option for Magento as it allows you to operate multiple physical stores and retail outlets at various places and sync data with your online store. Webkul POS provides all the necessary functions of a Magento POS system at a reasonable price, making it an ideal choice for retailers on a budget.
- Real-time data synchronization between your online and offline stores.
- Multiple payment methods are accepted.
- Work in offline mode.
- Track stock status in warehouses and stores.
- Assign sales representatives to each physical store.
- Search for customer accounts or create new ones during checkout.
- Hold carts and continue the payment process later.
- Receipt printer.
- Generate sales reports for revenue, tax, and profit.
Pros and Cons
- Web-based POS system that works on any device with a web browser.
- Reasonable and one-time payment. 30-day refund guarantee.
- Compatible with a wide range of e-commerce platforms, payment processors, and POS systems (including Magento), and receipt printers.
- Setup can be complex.
- Limited payment options.
- Community edition: $249
- Enterprise edition: $448
- Enterprise cloud edition: $448
- 3 months: free
- 6 months: $79.60
- 1 year: $99.50
- Installation: $39.80
With each pricing package, there will be limited features, so you need to consider your business needs to choose a suitable POS provider.
4. Amasty POS
With its efficient retail management and ability to synchronize essential data like products, orders, and customers between online and physical stores, Amasty POS is an effective option for retailers using Magento.
It provides a native iOS setting for handling inventory, pricing, customers, discounts, orders, and refunds. It is compatible with many retail management systems and payment options.
- Real-time synchronization of orders and products across online and offline stores.
- Set up representatives and views for each store.
- Different payment methods are accepted.
- Identify low-stock and out-of-stock items.
- Allow checkout with existing customer accounts or create new ones with ease.
- Enable to apply coupons, gift cards, or discounts for customers.
- Input custom products and apply discounts during checkout.
- Split payments between cash and card.
- Generate reports for inventory and sales performance.
Pros and Cons
- Ability to create refunds for complete or partial orders.
- Efficiently managing multiple orders at once.
- Limited payment options.
- Lack of some POS functionalities, such as offline mode and customer loyalty integration.
Start at $299 for the first year with limited features. $185 for the upcoming year.
5. Ebizmarts POS
With a native iOS user interface, the Ebizmarts POS solution provides retailers with an omnichannel option for selling in-store and online products. It integrates smoothly with Magento, so you can instantly reflect any changes to your products, orders, and stock levels across all of your Magento stores.
- Synchronize and manage real-time inventory between your online and offline stores.
- Support multiple payment methods with a fast and easy checkout process.
- Search for products using a barcode scanner or QR codes with an external scanner or using iPhone/iPad camera.
- Configure products, apply discounts and add order notes during checkout.
- Easily process returns and refunds.
- Receipt printer and email receipts to customers.
- Generate reports on shifts, stock, sales, and taxes.
- Tier pricing for products based on customer groups, such as wholesale, MSRP, retail, discounted retail.
Pros and Cons
- Mobile POS system that works on any iPad device with a web browser that is easy to set up and use.
- Affordable price with a one-time payment. Free test account available for trial.
- Include all basic features a POS system should have.
- Compatible with iOS devices only.
- A limited number of payment methods supported.
Ebizmarts POS is available in two pricing tiers:
- Enterprise: $350 + $99 for additional device keys per month per key.
- Enterprise+: custom pricing.
6. Acid POS
Acid POS system is also a good choice for Magento eCommerce of different industries, including retail and F&B businesses. Acid POS is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution offering rich features, such as barcode scanning, payment acceptance, and multi-store assistance. It also allows you to organize online and offline sales, customers, and products on one platform.
- Track each purchase and measure the impact of loyalty programs.
- Automate deals with existing and prospective customers.
- Identify crucial stock changes in real time and control the movement of goods between your store channels.
- Full detailed supplier management to ensure the procurement purchase process is relevant, easy to use, and cost-effective for a business.
- Process transactions in stores or at remote event locations without the need to separate stock or use any additional data manipulation.
- Online, in-store, or offline payments.
Pros and Cons
- Cloud-based pos system for retail which operates on any device with a web browser.
- A comprehensive POS system that responds to different business needs.
- High-capacity point-of-sale system that can provide service to multiple locations.
- Does not work in offline mode.
- Retail POS: starts at $465/month for single/multi retail
- Retail POS Enterprise: Custom pricing
How to Choose the Best Magento 2 POS System for Your Business?
Whether you already have a well-established online store or retail operation, making the right choice of retail management software is essential for the success of your business.
Different businesses have different needs. Just because a particular point-of-sale software has proven successful for one retailer does not mean it will do the same for other business owners. Our comparison of 6 retail POS system reviews will help you understand what kind of POS is best for your company.
Best Retail POS System for Medium to Large Business Owners
Magestore POS: Magestore POS is the best choice for omnichannel retailers who want fast and powerful solutions with multiple outlets, products, and customers. One-time payment for a perpetual license, you can add unlimited users and devices.
You can customize the point-of-sale software to add more features when your business expands. Magestore POS can manage a large number of orders, customer data, multiple inventory sources, and store locations.
Webkul POS: Best for web-based, mobile point of sales, and native POS systems that can be accomplished using Magento APIs with flexible and customizable needs. It also offers potential cost savings and flexibility with a one-time payment for a lifetime license.
Acid POS: Best cloud-based POS system for retail that requires a fast and reliable POS system for their Magento 2 store that offers barcode scanning, payment integration, and multi-store support. It is necessary that expenses are reasonable and can be lowered in consecutive subscription years.
Best Retail POS System for Small Business Owners
Boostmyshop POS: Best physical or retail POS system for small business owners who must handle their stores directly from their Magento back office. This is made for front-line workers and supervisors that don’t need a lot of bells and whistles from their POS platform system. A one-time payment for a perpetual license may be affordable and practical.
Amasty POS: Best for online and offline businesses who require an easy omnichannel shopping experience for their customers with moderate traffic and sales volume. A one-time payment for a perpetual license that could prove valuable and trustworthy.
This is an extension, so it might not be suitable for medium and large businesses that want to deal with a large number of sales, orders, customers, and inventory locations.
Ebizmarts POS: Best mobile-friendly point-of-sale software for retailers who desire a fast and trustworthy iPad retail POS system that connects to their Magento store via a secure API. Charges a relatively small and simple subscription cost once a month or yearly, depending on the number of connected devices or users.
We have compared the top 6 best retail POS systems for Magento 2 with features, pros, and cons to help you make the best decision for your business. If you want a fast, powerful, and easy-to-use Magento 2 POS extension, check out Magestore POS. Or, if you want an extension that allows you to manage your physical stores directly from your Magento back office, check out Boostmyshop POS…
It is essential to consider the key features of each point-of-sale software before making a decision. Let’s choose the best retail POS system for your Magento 2 store today and easily enjoy the benefits of selling online and offline.
You may also like: