When social media was first invented, it was just a form of communication that was based on the internet. But as time has changed and we have faced so much modernization, social media also started to become a huge part of our lifestyle, with and without our will.
The recent Pandemic gave a boost to the usage of social media as we all spent so much time in our residences only. This factor gave a boost to social media shopping and online shopping also as people hardly stepped out of their houses.
When it comes to online shopping, cart abandonment is the most feared thing by social media marketers and website owners. The most common reason for cart abandonment is forced registration, which is hated by so many users. We all are very much aware that the registration process is quite lengthy and we users don’t have that much time.
To ease this most hated process, businesses should use the social login extension. The social login extension cuts down the time consumption of registration to seconds making it very convenient for the users to use.
You must have already got to know that the concept of social login is not new, so many websites and businesses have given the privilege of this extension to their customers. We are also provided with so many Magento solutions for the same, and conducting a quick search for those solutions may not be so quick.
Here in this article, we have cut down your searching work by providing you readers with the outlines of the best Magento 2 Social Login Extension providers. But before we start that, let us take a brief look into what exactly social login or social media login is.
- 1 What is Social Media Login?
- 2 Why is Social Login a User’s Choice?
- 3 Best Magento 2 Social Login Extensions
- 3.1 1. Magento 2 Social Login Extension by MageComp
- 3.2 2. Social Login for Magento 2 by Amasty
- 3.3 3. Social Login for Magento 2 by Aheadworks
- 3.4 4. Magento 2 Social Login Pro Extension by Plumrocket
- 3.5 5. Magento 2 Social Login by Webkul Store
- 3.6 6. Social Login for Magento 2 by Mirasvit
- 3.7 7. Magento 2 Social Media Login by Mage Delight
- 3.8 8. Social Login for Magento 2 by MageAnts
- 3.9 9. Social Login M2 by Ced Commerce
- 3.10 10. Magento 2 Social Login Extension Facebook Login & Google by Weltpixel
- 4 Benefits of Magento 2 Social Login Extension
What is Social Media Login?
Just imagine how annoying it is to type your separate ID and password on various websites you might visit. So annoying isn’t it? To ease this whole typing work, our great technological experts have come up with a beautiful technology called Social Login which is also known as single sign-on (SSO) technology. This amazing technology allows the customers to establish their accounts on different websites or applications just by linking through a social media site. WOW! So much work just got reduced. Thanks to our experts.
If you have noticed that whenever you pay a visit to a particular website that suggests social logins, they have registration options that like, you can log in with your regular ID and passcode or you can log in through a plug-in that connects to the website of the social platform you have selected. If you choose to log in through the plug-in option, that process is called social log-in. Facebook, Linkedin, Google, and Twitter are the websites that are generally associated with social login.
In the process of social login, you do not need to register yourself on every site separately as your basic information is already been shared and your account on that particular social site has already been configured for computerized login. This proficiency in getting access to social data makes marketing work easy for social media marketers and website owners.
Social login is convenient but its security is not so trustworthy and its usage for any site that has susceptible information collateralized with it. This method can have consequences for your privacy as users like you generally share their personal data on the site which may not be suitable for other sites.
Why is Social Login a User’s Choice?
As we have discussed in the previous point that social login is a very easy and convenient method of signing up or registering your profile with any social network.
Let us conclude this statement with some of the stats for a better understanding.
- Typing the credentials every now and then is so painful for 56% of users that they use social verification.
- Forgetting is a very bad and common habit of human beings that 43% of users forget their credentials and so they use social login. Phew! Do they forget to have a meal also?
- Facebook has 2.85 billion monthly active accounts, making it the most widespread social media platform worldwide.
- Moving further to that 25% of users who have the same identity for all devices and websites, achieve a more enhanced social login experience. Yay!
- An average of 2.25 hours a day is spent on social media by a particular user.
I guess these many figures are enough to make you aware of the importance of social media marketing. These figures also help you in getting a clear view that if a business conducts social media marketing, they would target such a massive audience with such relative ease. If a business ignores the power of social media and fails to be active in it, then the business has no idea how many supporters it is going to lose.
Now that we have discussed what is a social login and why it is so popular, let us look at some of the Best Magento 2 Social Login Extensions
Best Magento 2 Social Login Extensions
1. Magento 2 Social Login Extension by MageComp
This amazing Magento 2 Social Login Extension by MageComp saves your customers valuable time as this extension permits them to directly sign up or log in to different websites by using their social media profiles like Gmail, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter whenever they want to buy any products.
- Log in and Sign up with just one click
- Social buttons are shown on various pages
- The position of the buttons can be set up the way you want
- Social media accounts like Google, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter are supported
- Forget about those lengthy and complicated registrations steps
2. Social Login for Magento 2 by Amasty
This Magento 2 Social Login Extension focuses to get more leads with your social media, incrementing the number of registrations, enhancing the shopping experience, and helping the marketers and website owners to collect the user’s data with just one click.
- Supports Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Amazon, Paypal, Twitch, and Twitter.
- Provides monitoring of the login stats with built-in dashboards.
- AJAX popup for the login/register purpose
- Log in with Apple ID is allowed in the Pro Version
- One-step Checkout
3. Social Login for Magento 2 by Aheadworks
Magento 2 Social Login Extension ensures quick login and registration operations. This extension provides a login option to Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Paypal, Pinterest, and Twitter. Besides just logging in it provides checkout pages also to your website. You can also put the social login block on any page and in any page position as the widget.
- Social login block configuration per page
- Individual parameters per login option
- Social login block can be added as the widget
- ‘Social Accounts’ grid with linked accounts
4. Magento 2 Social Login Pro Extension by Plumrocket
This Magento 2 Social Login Pro Extension permits the users to register and place orders to your store with just a few clicks by signing in with one of the 50 social networks. This module will significantly increase the number of registered customers along with adding Magento social share to your website.
- Provide a secure way of logging in via 50+ social networks
- Personalize User Experience and boosted conversion rates
- Display social login buttons on various pages
5. Magento 2 Social Login by Webkul Store
Magento 2 Social Login by Webkul Store allows its customers to log into the Magento store using their existing social networking credentials from Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- It allows users to sign-up on their site using social networks.
- The admin can enable or disable subscriptions to subscribe to the email newsletter for customers.
- The admin can choose to redirect to the page after login and registration.
- Can check the customer type on the customer page.
6. Social Login for Magento 2 by Mirasvit
Magento 2 Social Login Extension allows your future new and existing customers to sign in or sign up quickly and easily using social media login options. Improve your users’ experience and collect visitors’ data in just one click.
- Works with Amazon, Facebook, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, PayPal, Twitter, and Yahoo
- Select the desired place on a page to display the authorization form
- Analyze the statistics of how often users use the social login option
- Set the destination URL to forward to a user after authorization
- Set one of the two display options – buttons or icons
7. Magento 2 Social Media Login by Mage Delight
Facilitate your customer with hassle-free registration/log-in through their social media accounts and enhance the customer experience of your online store with MageDelight Social Media Login Extension for Magento 2.
- Faster login/registration with social network
- AJAX-based login/registration
- Login with 15 widely used social media accounts
- Generate reports to get the registered customers to social networks
- Post login set auto redirection on the desired page
- Set desired position of social login Bar
- Now compatible with GraphQL
8. Social Login for Magento 2 by MageAnts
Increase user sign-ups and improve security by allowing your customers to log in using their social media handles with the help of Magento 2 Social Login Extension by MageAnts
- Enhance customer convenience
- Customer login made quick and easy
- Customer login allowed using Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other accounts
- Manage the customer activity after their login or registration
- Configurable login form
9. Social Login M2 by Ced Commerce
Magento 2 Social Login will simplify the complicated process of login to eCommerce stores. The users can use different social sites for logging into the webstore.
- Log in and register with just one click
- Configurable settings
- Login allowed using Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other accounts
10. Magento 2 Social Login Extension Facebook Login & Google by Weltpixel
Customers creating accounts in your store have a significantly higher chance of converting. To ensure if they create accounts on your site allow them to create an account via Social Media Platforms. Free Magento 2 Social Login Extension allows the customers to create accounts with Facebook, Google, Amazon, PayPal, Twitter, and even LinkedIn.
- Facebook Login
- Amazon Login
- Google Login
Let us now elaborate about
Benefits of Magento 2 Social Login Extension
- Quick and easy Login process
This is the main benefit of this amazing extension. We all know that creating new accounts every time for a new website you visit is very time-consuming. The Social Login extension is a blessing for businesses as it saves so much valuable time. It is very convenient for customers as they can log in to various sites with just one click. Registration is just one click away……
- Increment in user sign-ups
Customers that create accounts in your store have a significantly higher chance of converting. Social Login proves to be the first step toward the enhanced user experience and it stimulates the users’ will to create an account in the store.
- Decrement in cart abandonment rate
Once again, customers that create accounts in your store have a significantly higher chance of converting. Some sites do not provide a social login at the checkout process and it becomes mandatory for the customers to compulsorily login to their store, this leads to cart abandonment.
The Social Login extension provides the customers hassle-free checkout process and an enhanced shopping experience.
- Reduction in the bounce rates
A registration form again! I am not filling that. This is the reaction of so many customers to the sign-up popup and they immediately just take an exit from your website and create a bounce rate. The Social Login Extension encourages the customer to sign-up to the website real quick.
- It is so hard to remember passcodes
Some of us do not even remember what we had at dinner last night, how will they remember different passcodes? Social Login reduces the workload of customers like these as they don’t have to remember various passcodes. Logging in just got easy!
- Forget about this popup “Failed to Log in”
When you are unable to recall your passcodes, you enter whatsoever passcode that comes to your mind and boom “Login Failed.” Though many websites provide the passcode recovery option, honestly, who has that much time? No one, exactly. As social login extension doesn’t let you remember passcodes and saves you from this annoying error popup.
- Helps in targeting the audience easily for marketing strategies
As the users use their real email addresses and the social login extension provides the business to monitor the customers’ activity after their registration. This helps marketers and business owners to target their audience easily.
Limiting your website’s signup options can result in a very bad idea for your website. Let’s learn this with an example, some of your website’s customers may not be using Facebook but they may be using Instagram, so for them, the social login option of Instagram will be useless. Though Facebook is the most popular and used social media platform, still some may not use it, depends.
Many of the users tend to shop from mobile devices, so if you are planning to launch your own application or website, make sure you use social login extension. Installing this application on your website or application can be very beneficial for your business.