- Go to My downloadable products. The file that you download normally is a zip or tgz file.
- It’s required to disable cache in the administration panel of your site. Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and take action “Disable” then submit. Also disable the Compilation if it is ON. So, make sure that Caching and Compilation is disabled before installing the extension, you can enable it again after the
- Use FTP client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, cuteFtp) to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magneto site root folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just add new files to the folder
- You will need to install the extension in your custom theme if you are using. Just make sure about these files to be uploaded in custom
- app/design/frontend/default/default to app/design/frontend/YourThemeFolder/PackageFolder
- skin/design/frontend/default/default to skin/design/frontend/YourThemeFolder/PackageFolder
- After uploading is done, enable the Cache and if you keep Compilation On then re-run the
- Navigate to System/Configuration, if you can see the extension tab, it is installed properly.
- Now if you get Access denied error when click on the extension tab, you need to log out admin panel and log in again.
- Go to front-end and try to process, make sure that everything is
- If you need professional help regarding Magento Extension Installation, Feel free to contact us any time.
Installation Guide for Magento 1.x Extensions
1294 views December 30, 2019 admin 1